Hour two

"Do you guys wanna play a car game?" Kristina suggests from the back seat, her head popping up between Harry and I. I can see Harry roll his eyes out of my peripheral, a small smile spreading over my face when I notice it.

"Fine," Harry says after groaning. Kristina smiles and starts playing "I Spy," Harry and continuously smiling as Kristina comes up with new ones at every exit. At least it keeps us all occupied, even it's just for one of the many hours we have left.

Hour three

Afterall of the games were played, Kristina decided that she wanted all of us to jam out to music. The car practically turns into a club at this point, but none of us are complaining. Harry gets to play a majority of the music because--of course--he's the driver and driver always has control over the music. It's a loophole, and in the end, it's one I don't exactly enjoy.

"Are we going to listen to The Script the whole way there?" Kristina whines, just waiting to play some of her Eminem. We give into her whims and after a while she gets her way. We all happily listen to Eminem, and after about five minutes, we are all able to rap along.

It's enjoyable, this time that we all get to share together. At least we're able to smile, joke, and laugh now, happy to just be experiencing this with one another.

Hour Four

Back to silence, the three of us now doing our own things. I go back to my book, my headphones now in as I try to drown out whatever Harry is listening to. I can't pay attention whenever I listen to his music, the sounds only bringing back memories of the past. They're all good memories, but they prohibit me from focusing on the words in front of me.

I can tell that Kristina has already fallen asleep in the back seat, her relaxed face visible in the rearview mirror. I turn to look at Harry, wondering if he'd flinch away at what I'm about to do. Slowly, I reach my hand over, my hand going to cover his on the center console. Harry doesn't flinch away, but instead he intertwines his fingers with mine. I smile to myself, just enjoying the small connection I have to him right now. I still want him to come with me, wishing that there were no obstacles or complications. But our relationship has always been complicated, has always been in the face of numerous obstacles. I'm starting to believe that me leaving is the only way to get rid of these obstacles.

Hour Five

"Are you tired yet?" I whisper over to Harry, careful not to wake Kristina as she stirs around in the back seat. He shakes his head, his curls--now longer than usual-- flopping all around. I want to reach over and move them away from his forehead, but I refrain from doing so since he's driving.

"Would you be angry if we stopped at a hotel tonight instead of driving the whole way?" I shake my head, not upset with the idea at all. It actually sounds more sensical than just driving through the whole night, the three of us just getting tired of being in the same confined space for twenty-four hours.

"I think that's a smart idea." I start looking up hotels on my phone, seeing which one we'd want to stop at. Harry and I decided we'd stop at one at the halfway mark, seven more hours to go. We've also decided that I'll be driving after this hour is up, that I'll be taking on the last six hours.

Driving through a large expanse of trees has never been my favorite thing, but right now, I'm willing to drive the distance if it means giving Harry a break he needs. We agree on a hotel and I call for a reservation for two rooms, and then--after I hang up--it's my turn on the wheel.

Hour Six

There's trees on the left and there's trees on the right, nothing spectacular at all as I drive down the highway. My mind stays focused on the road, the music in the background drowning out everything but the road. It does get a bit boring from time to time, but the only thing that's keeping me on my toes while driving is the fact that if I don't stay alert I'll crash the car. That's a scary thought in itself.