29

New chapter!! I hope ya'll enjoy! It's been a hectic week and I almost didn't update because of a death in the family, but then I realized that posting would take my mind off of it. I love ya'll and I hope you'll like it.

Song for the chapter: The Night We Met by Lord Huron

~~~

"I had all and then most of you
some and now none of you.Take me back to the night we met.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do,
haunted by the ghost of you.
Oh, take me back to the night we met."

"This place is really beautiful." Josh had decided to take me out for a picnic today since the weather had been so forgiving. The rocks were covered in sprouting flowers and lumps of grass. This place really did seem picture perfect, it almost reflected how perfect life had been lately.

"I knew you'd love it." Josh tangles our fingers together, his hand leading me through the trees, the sun peeking out beneath green leaves every few steps. My bones felt warm and my heart felt all cozy.

"I'm a hopeless romantic," Josh turns around and gently kisses me, a smile erupting on my lips. Josh always made my heart flutter, his sweet and kind gestures a nice switch from the usual abuse I'm familiar to.

"So am I sometimes, but I don't think that's very manly to admit." Josh laughs, his cheeks blushing in slight embarrassment. Josh had this aura of innocence, which made him even more kind and understanding in return.

"You don't have to be embarrassed. Admitting you're a hopeless romantic is manly, most men wouldn't admit it in fear of sounding too feminine. I like that you're honest Josh." I kiss Josh's cheek, right where the pink had just started to melt away.

"C'mon, we're close to the picnic grounds." I follow Josh's lead, my trust in him deepening with every second we spend together. Honesty is something I cherish, and Josh has never lied to me about anything.

Our relationship is so open, I feel as if I can tell Josh anything without him judging me. I could tell him about my past and he'd just hold me the whole time. My father could come up in conversation and he'd listen with wonder in his bright, hopeful eyes.

Josh wiggles us through trees, his body sliding through an opening, bringing me with him. My eyes take in the landscape, the stream surrounded with flowers and the bare patch of grass in the center for our blanket. This area wasn't as shaded with trees as the rest of the hike had been, this area had sunlight shining through, the heat warming my skin.

"Well?" Josh stands in front of the beautiful scene, his arms stretched out by his sides. I smile at his excited attitude, his smile spreading across his whole entire face.

"It's amazing. I love this place." Josh lays the blanket down, rocks going on each end to keep it flat. We sit down together and start eating the food we decided to pack. This date had all been a mystery. We decided that I'd get some of my favorite foods and Josh would get some of his and we'd try each other's

"Is this a passionfruit?" I giggle, the fruit seeming like an alien to my eyes. Josh grabs it out of my hands while I continue laughing at his unique food preferences. I liked it, a lot. Josh liked new things, and so maybe that's why he liked me.

I didn't seem like the type of girl Josh would ever go for, it had become clearer to me the more I got to know him. Josh would be the kind of guy I'd expect would date the town's sweetheart, a stark difference from the disaster I am.

"I love your unique qualities." His thumb traces over my lip, a gesture that makes me smile and fills my stomach with fluttering butterflies. This was the cliche relationship I had wanted, the kind that you would see in some summer flick.