25. Carnival of horror

Start from the beginning

- Have you talk to Damon since he killed Jeremy or tried to kill Jeremy? I ask looking quickly up. Damon is really a monster. Whenever I can and have the opportunity, I'll end him.

- No Bonnie, I haven't and I won't and I don't want to talk about Damon or anything else that's vampire related okay? Elena gives a new bag full of plush to me. I'm human. And I have to do human stuff. Otherwise, I'm going to go crazy, says Elena while gesturing with her hands like her head is going to explode.

- Okay, I'm sorry, I'll focus. We have to make Caroline proud or she will kill us. I don't know how she does all of this, I say chuckling and smiling as I think of the blonde.

- Well because she's not human, obviously, laughs the brunette before bringing some plush back to the stand.

- Obviously, I respond and we both laugh while tidying everything.

Stefan's P.O.V.

I'm at Jeremy's locker talking about the vervain, the bracelet Elena gave him, the ring,... everything. He needs to know those stuffs so he can defends himself against Katherine or whoever attacks him.

- It's the same as the bracelet Elena gave you, I say giving a little flask full of vervain to Elena's brother.

- It protects me from compulsion, replies Jeremy as he smells it. He grimaces at the smell of it.

- Vervain is toxic to vampires.

- Like poison?

- Yeah, it's very poisonous. It keeps them out of your head.

- But why vervain?

- I don't know, certain natural herbs and roots and other elements are just harmful to vampires, I explain him as I lean against the locker.

- Like a stake to the heart?

- Right but it has to be wood.

- You're pretty confident in yourself telling me all the different ways I could kill you, smirks Jeremy which makes me smile, amused by him. I cross my arms over my chest.

- Jeremy, if I thought you wanted to kill me we would be having a much different conversation.

- Yeah, Damon is the one that deserves it, tells the young Gilbert while staring at the wall on his left. He's thinking of doing something, I can tell. Suddenly, Gillian arrives by my side frowning.

- I want you to forget about Damon, all right? He's hundred times stronger than you and right now he's not stable. You got to try to move forward, she tells him half angry. She's been like this since I taught her of her mother's come back. Jeremy frowns at her as well. What happened between the two of them? They were good friends before.

- I was killed by a vampire and brought back by a magic ring, Gillian. How do you move forward from that?

- Right. Well, today we have a nice little distraction courtesy of the slave driver Elena, I say cutting my daughter and Jeremy as I heard my girlfriend arriving. I pass an arm around Elena while she stands on my other side. Hello Elena.

- Hey, did you... she questions her brother but he cuts her.

- Yeah, yeah, I set up the gold fish toss all three hundred gold fish. It's gonna be epic! says sarcastically Jeremy before closing his locker and walking away. I hear Gillian sighing and Elena resting herself against her brother's locker.

- He's gonna be alright, he's just been through a little bit of an ordeal.

- I was just hoping that this carnival would reel him back into the land of a high school teenager.