Lycan's Daughter

You know how you can have a dream that's like hours or even days long and you wake up to find you've only been asleep for two minutes? Well sometimes I wish that's what my life was like. Sometimes I wish I could just wake up from this terrible nightmare. I wish... but Real life is something you can't just get away from.

------------------

            The grass rippled across the field as I watched the sky turn amber. The field was lined by a forest on one side and a lake on the other Truly a gorgeous sight. Soon to be sullied by blood.

            "Come on Addie we have to keep moving" I leapt up and ran, small legs stumbling, through the tall weeds. I was desperate to catch up. He had packed up our picnic so fast and started moving on, I hadn't even noticed.

            "Wait daddy! I can't move so fast!" I tripped and fell, scraping my leg. it started to bleed; I sniffled and began to cry. Daddy turned back, came over to me, and knelt down

            "let me see" He whisked his large gentle hand over the scrape and  I watched still amazed as always as a familiar tingle rushed through me. The scrape was gone. It looked good as new. He looked at me his eyes kind. "We have a long road to travel. If small scrapes stop us then we won't get anywhere."

            "It was only a little cut I'm not going to die" I snickered at him as I wiped the tears from my eyes and stuck out my hand. He stood up and helped me onto my feet. I immediately stumble back onto my bottom once he let go, unable to catch my balance. I covered my face and threw my face back in embarrassment and began to laugh. "Wow am I clumsy or what?!" I said. I was laughing so hard and scrunched my eyes so tight I didn't see what happened next. I am fairly glad I didn't. I heard him begin to laugh as well but suddenly one of his laughs where cut short and a sounding crunch rung in my ears. My heart stopped for a moment, my eyes opened, and looked in the direction of my father only to be splattered across the face with something warm wet and sticky. It did register at first what was all over me, and what I was looking at. In front of my was a body crumpled to the ground. My father was crushed. 

Literally.

      I felt all the blood drain my face as my heart plummeted into my stomach. Tears welled up inside me as I began to shake violently, still processing what was happening. I saw a silhouette standing behind his body, the sun blinding me from who he was. He stepped over the body and slowly began moving towards me. I yelped and backed away from the slowly approaching figure. Tears began streaming down my face, I had no idea what was happening. The figure began to gain detail as it got closer. I stumbled backwards over a rock and fell onto my back. I covered my face and started to scream. I knew I was next. My father told me this might happen. He warned me of bad men coming for us. He promised me though! He promised that it would be OK! He promised that he could stop them! He was the most powerful wizard in all of Kayga!

"Stop your screeching and sit up!" The voice barked. It seemed to echo across the field as if we were surrounded by walls. I didn't listen. I curled up as tight as I could into a ball and sobbed. I felt him grab a fistful of my hair and cried out in pain as he yanked me up. I was dead. I was dead, I knew it. I straightened out and sucked in my snot, finally opening my eyes, I glared him down finally getting a good look at the man.

 He was shockingly lanky and tall.

 His hair was dark, long, and wavy.

His eyes sharp and misleading.

"Alright Kid you done yet?" He spoke to me, surprisingly soft. He set me down and knelt down to my level, staring me directly in my sniffling blood covered face. He offered me a rag but i wouldn't take it. I kept strong Eye contact with the man.

Why was I still alive?

Why hasn't he killed me yet?

Why did he kill my father?

How did he kill my father???

My father never used such magic before. He only used his magic to help people. Not kill. He had explained to me that death magic was a powerful powerful magic that very few could do, and it was better off that way.

I couldn't help myself. I broke my gaze with the man and glanced back over to my fathers body. I gulped back the swell of tears that began to rise again and I managed to squeak out,

"Why.."

"Because I wanted you." He put it fairly plainly and he put his hand on my head gently and smiled

"I wanted you and because of him I couldn't have you, so now you're mine."

"That's.. that's not how things work!" I rose my voice, cracking. "It's not fair! You can't just kill my father and expect me to go with you!"

"Where else will you go?" He said, sitting down now, looking up at me. "Kaygans won't believe you, and Kaygems won't take a cursed child."

"Cursed?" I said and his fingers suddenly where sprawled across my face. I panicked and began to squirm but his grip on my temples was too tight. I felt the rush of magic go through me again, this time though, it hurt. I finally pulled away and breathed.

"What did you do.."

"Cursed you. You cannot leave me ever, or you will die."

"Why do you even want me??" I managed to squawk out through another sob that began to swell up inside me. "I'm just some useless kid"

"You are going to join me on my mission. I will train your magic for my doings." He looked away from me now and at my fathers body. "I will raise you to be stronger and better than he ever would."

"Well that sucks than because you've made a mistake!" I said realizing that what I was about to say may get me killed. If he has no use for me why would he have me?

"I don't have magic you idiot! I'm just some stupid kid! My father says that I just never inherited it! He said my mother was a Kaygan and I took after her more than him!" Tears where streaming again. I cringed and waited to be crushed.

"That bastard!" I snapped and shot up. "That godforsaken bastard!" He grabbed me, taking me by surprise, pulling me in and hugged me. "Listen to me and listen good kid, you are mine now and you will do as I say and serve me well. Magic or not."

I pushed away from him and he knelt down this time forcefully wiping my face with the rag cleaning me of my fathers blood. This man was crazy. Absolutely insane.

"My name is Lycan. I am your master and we shall be a great team. Come with me and we can so much. Or stay, and die the moment I am out of sight."

I didn't know what to do. Clearly, this man was evil. He was pure evil and pure madness. I am not evil, my father made sure of that. He was raising me to be a good Kaygan being... To live peacefully among the Kaygems... If I stayed though what good would that do? I would be dead and this man would carry on his way, continuing to wreak havoc in our world. However, I realized, if I went with him I may be able to worm my way into and put a stop in his plan, whatever it is. I can join him but still do good! I can keep him from hurting more people! I can do it! I know I can!

"I don't have much of a choice" I said "I'll join you.."

"Welcome aboard Addison" He stuck out his hand, I put my tiny hand in his and we shook.

"I am so happy to have you with me"