I'm not saying that that's a bad thing, far from it actually. I don't know what I'd do without Otoya and the friends we've made in this first week of school. But, sometimes it's nice to have some alone time where I can just focus on my compositions and nothing else. Haruka feels the same way what with Tomo-chan always being attached to her at the hip. It's impossible for us to work with everyone around simply because we get sidetracked ourselves and want to abandon our work in favor of socializing with our friends. Now with the idols gone, there's no temptations to get distracted and our full, undivided attention can be focused on our compositions. I can only hope this type of thing happens often or else none of us composers will get our work done...

Replaying the final verse I needed to complete, I smiled. It sounds nice and I'm sure Syo will like this song so far. Now to just touch up the outro, give it one last listen to, edit the little things that annoy me throughout the composition, and then I'll be officially done with that blonde boys song.~

From what Natsuki himself as well as Otoya and Masato have been telling me the last few days, Natsuki's composer really isn't cooperating with him at all or even trying to work together. There's no hope there for a decent song to be produced between the two of them which means I'm going to need to talk to Ringo and possibly Ryuuya about what I can do to help Natsuki- if they'll even allow me to help that is.

We're in different classes for this first assignment and the teachers made it a point of theirs to choose our partners, based on what criteria I don't know. They said that after this we can choose our partners from any of the classes, but since this is our first assignment, I'm not sure how lenient Ryuuya and Ringo will be about me taking on not one but two idols as well as the second idol being from a class lower than my own. There's a chance they might see this as Natsuki wanting a better grade for being paired with a composer from S-Class instead of the one he's been assigned to in his A-Class. Honestly, I'd be surprised if either Ringo or Ryuuya thought this of him, but the possibility is still there nonetheless and it's not like I can exactly ignore that either. But there has to be something I can do to help Natsuki here...

Hours passed by before either Haruka or myself decided it was time for a well needed break. She was beginning to get frustrated with the final chorus of Tomo-chan's song while I couldn't quite tell what was wrong with Syo's song. There's nothing obviously out of place anywhere, but, something sounds off regardless and for the life of me I can't figure out what that something is! A break is just what we need to cool down and then return to our compositions with a clear head.

"Is it late enough for lunch?" Haruka asked as we left the practice room we'd claimed as our own and began walking down the more or less empty halls of Saotome Academy. "I'm starving after all that composing." She then giggled.

As if on cue, my stomach growled and we both began laughing at that. "I think it's time for lunch." I said with a quirky grin. "Have anything in mind?"

Haruka thought for a moment before shrugging. "Whatever you want I'll be happy with."

"Masato brought me to a convenience store last week and we got some melon bread for breakfast, it's really filling and tastes good, wanna try that?"

"Sure, lead the way!"

With our steps lining up perfectly, Haruka and I exited the school and began walking down the path that leads to the secluded convenience store that's a good fifteen minute walk away. The temperature has been dropping recently, fall really kicking in now with winter right around the corner. A chilled wind blows passed the two of us, our school uniform skirts fluttering in the gust of air. In a month's time, it'll be too cold to come out here without at least a heavy jacket.