Luck is In the Wind

Tall arrived at the old abandoned house. The one light that worked was on but no one was here. Did Adam know he was onto him and left in a hurry? Tall turned towards the run down barn to see if Sundance still resides. No horse was found there either. Tall turned and began to mount Sapphire when he stopped. He had noticed something. He had found two sets of horse prints in the dry dirt. One of them was smaller than the over and sunk into the dirt. That was not Sundance. His horse was not shoed. He would hardly notice Sundances prints which he almost did. It would be hard to track these markings in the dirt at dark so he would have to wait until morning to find her. He walked carefully into the barn with Sapphire and made a bed from the old straw that was left there.

--.....--

Tall woke up with the hot sun covering his face. He quickly jumped up from his makeshift bed and mounted Sapphire. It frustrated him that he couldn't just canter the horse while tracking them. He was afraid he would miss something or miss read the tracks and lose them. Soon he comes a crossed a barbed wire fence. He looks over the fence to the other side and sees more horse prints followed by foot prints. Did Claire almost get away and he caught her? Tall's horse began to dance and pace. Tall looked at his surroundings. A paint horse was standing behind a bush. It had a few cuts but luckily wasn't to hurt. Claire would have taken the horse if she hadn't been caught but if that was Adams horse why was it left behind? Something odd was going on. Tall took out his medicines from this small bag and found a small puddle to mix the herbs with. After mixing them he went tithe horse carefully. The horse was afraid of him and it angered Tall that a horse could ever been treated in such a way that it would be scared of him.

Once he gained the horses trust Tall put the herbs on the horses wounds and grabbed his reins. Tall would need to find a way around. His new horse wouldn't jump it that much was obvious.

After traveling along the fence for twenty minutes Tall finally found an entrance to the other side. He doubled back to the horse prints and resumed his tracking. He quickened his horses pace in hopes to catch up to Claire. These tracks weren't that old and small blood spots splattered the ground. If he hurt his Claire he will have one hell to pay. He would have Tall to answer to and that is almost worse than the law.

Tall had been following the tracks for hours before he reached the town. The hoove prints have ended. Claire must have escaped and taken Andrew here to the jail. Claire would have likely went back to the reservation because she thought it'd be the place he'd be at. Tall quickened the horses paces and began traveling towards the camp. He was dying to have Claire back in his arms and to hear how she escaped Andrew.