24. I'm looking forward to it.

Start from the beginning

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Mr Dickwad about to let me out of his station once more." Dante spat at the man and I turned to face him too only to see he had a small smirk on his face as he stared at the man almost as though they were enemies.

"Not this time!" The officer growled as he held the bars and looked rather angry. "When I heard it was you, I gave you one of the worst cells I could find and-"

"Excuse me!" I gasped, appalled that I was stuck in 'one of the worst cells' as well because quite frankly I had not done anything bad or terrible unlike whatever it seemed like Dante had done. "Why was I stuck here then?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. Hello, I'm Officer Craig Jolson, but you can call me Craig." The man before introduced himself now less angry and more with a happier and sincere smile.

"I'm Haley, and I want to know why I got stuck in this terrible cell as well." I avoided small talk and any signs of a normal conversation until he answered my question.

"Well, if you know Dante's history and as to why he gets locked up, you'll know that the reasons why are extremely dangerous and threatening and often his partners-"

"Colleagues." Dante interrupted still unfazed by the fact he was in a cell.

"Often his colleagues who got dragged in with him were just as bad if not worse." Craig corrected himself. I then realized that Craig was talking about when Dante was in his gang and he did those alleged 'missions' and 'tasks' he spoke about sometimes. I never knew it was so bad he got taken to jail (I know gangs were bad and dangerous but I never knew Dante did the terrible parts of it).

"And you think I work with him?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Well, yes." He answered back honestly.

"I can assure you, I would never ever work with him and his vile gang. That man, Spike, makes me want to go and run into a wall and collapse so I don't think about him and god knows what he does. I mean-"

"Pardon me for interrupting you but why were on the scene with Dante then?" He asked getting rather confused.

"Well, she was helping me beat up those guards." Dante grinned knowing that it would make me sound bad and sound like something a gang member would do.

"Actually, those guard members were beating up my so called boyfriend, three giants to one idiot. So I decided to step in and take one out." I admitted only to realize what I just said made it sound incredibly worse. Not only did I sound dangerous too by saying I knocked out a guy but saying I was the girlfriend of a guy who seemed to have gone to jail so many times he found it like his home was even worse. It made me sound like I was from their gang and I was a terrible human being.

"So you are from his gang?" Craig gritted his teeth and he looked angry once more. "Gosh, you're just like the rest of them. I don't know how he does it but he turns every one into disgusting and vile people-"

"OI!" I snapped, standing up on the bench as I let anger flow through my blood and take control of me. Even Dante looked shocked when I jumped up and saw my hands clenched as fists. "He may have done bad things and stuff that would make people be frightened of him and run away from him, but he's not a bad person! He just doesn't know the best option and takes the easy way out."

"That's the first time I've heard someone stand up for a criminal as bad as that one." He pointed at Dante as though he was someone bad, EXTREMELY bad. The second we got home, I planned on finding out evey single time he went jail, the reasons for it and who he got locked up with.

The police man who had locked Dante and I in this room ran up to Craig before slightly tip toeing and whispering something in his ear. Craig shooed him away and so the man ran back off to wherever he had come from and disappeared from sight.