Chapter 30

"So it's called, 'Bridge Day?'" I asked.

"Pretty much. People from all over the world come to this bridge just to basejump. They say it's the strongest, steel bridge in America." He replied.

I nodded my head.

"This bridge used to be the biggest and longest in America. But as of now, not so much." He said.

"Then why celebrate Bridge Day here?" I asked again.

"Do I look like a tour guide to you?" he replied sarcastically.

"Maybe..." I said, smiling. He laughed. I laughed. Then he smiled. Then I smiled.

"Josh Teman from Charleston, WV?" A guy with a jacket, checkboard, and whistle around his neck called Josh.

He looked more like a coach. Maybe he's in his late thirties.

"That's me, sir." Josh said enthusiastically. "Well my boy, your up." The guy said.

Josh looked at me and I smiled at him. "Don't die." I teased. "In your dreams." He replied.

Josh walked at the edge of the bridge. I didn't quite see him anymore because of the crowd.

All I heard was a few mumbles from the guy.

Then the guy whistled. The crowd cheered him on.

"Woohoo!!!" I heard the descending voice of Josh as he jumped for the sky.

Honestly, I got a little scared. But this is Josh Teman we're talking about. He's got this.

The guy then got out a walkie-talkie and asked if Josh has landed safely.

Oh please let Josh be safe. I hope he's still alive. Please please plea-

"Teman has landed safely on shore!" The guy announced happily. The crowd cheered and clapped their hands. I took a sigh of relief.

Well, at least that went well.

"Next up, Hazelle San Agustin from Charleston, WV."

"Me?" I asked nervously. "Well, if your from Charleston and your names' Hazelle San Agustin, yeah I guess its pretty much you." The guy said in an annoyed tone.

I cleared my throat and gulped.

Why did I agree to do this?

The crowd was complaining already. Well, I couldn't back out now.

I walked towards the elastic platform and slowly and carefully walked onto it.

Oh shit.

Below me was the most horrifying view I've ever seen. There were a lot of clouds so you can't really see the ground clearly. You can't even see how far you would fall.

My hands were getting cold and my heart was beating terribly. My mind was on airplane mode. Just the sight of this makes me numb.

This was even worse than the Log Jam from Enchanted Kingdom.

Far more worse.

"You got your parachute?" The guy asked, not looking up from his checkboard.

"Uh...could I back out and-"

"You know how to use a parachute?"

"Actually, I really have to go-"

"That's great kid. Now when I blow the whistle you jump."

"But that's not-"

"Stop the excuses kid. You signed up for this thing."