Ch. 8

Unfortunately, Tony was the first one to see me.  As soon as I ran into the building behind Natasha, Tony spotted me.  He was still in his Iron Man armor, but I knew he was rolling his eyes.  Whether or not he was grinning, I didn't know.  However, now was not the time to think about what Tony would think about me disobeying him.  It was time to help Natasha take down some super evil, super powerful magician dude and I was not about to pass up that opportunity. 

"Hey, Mr. Stark!"  I said, waving as I hurried over to him.  I didn't want to call him Tony since Steve had only ever heard Spider-man refer to Tony as Mr. Stark. I didn't want to make him think Spider-man and Iron Man were close friends.  "Did Wanda fill you in on the plan?  We're killing the magician dude."  I yanked at what was holding down Tony, only for it to send a powerful volt of electricity surging through me.  It threw me across the room and I slammed against the wall, groaning as I slid to the ground.  "Dang, that hurt." 

"You good, kid?"  Tony asked.  I nodded and stood up, going back over to Tony.  Everyone else was in the same type of bonds and I was not about to get thrown across the room by another one.  "This is some sort of magic.  He used some special enchantment.  You won't be able to break it."  I guess only Wanda could break them since she was obviously out.  Wow, Wanda was really playing a key part in this mission. 

"Don't worry, Mr. Stark,"  I said, stepping back and giving Steve a salute.  "I've got a plan."  Before Tony could object, I shot a web across the room to where Wanda and Vision were busy holding off the magician guy.  Natasha was slowly sneaking up behind him, but she had to keep retreating when he turned to look for her.  "Hey, cool Witch lady, could you possibly go get them out of the magic bonds?  I tried, but I got thrown across the room and I'm not about to do that again."  Wanda gave me a strange look.

"What are you?"  she asked.  Oh right, she hadn't really met me--well, Spider-man, that is. 

"I'm Spider-man,"  I said, holding out my hand for her to shake.  She didn't move to shake it and I remembered she was currently trying to fight a magician.  "Right, um, could you go help them?  I can distract this guy if you want."  Wanda seemed hesitant but when she looked back at the team, she nodded.  Instead of turning completely to help them, she took one hand off the magician and used it to undo the bonds on Clint, King T'Challa and Nakia, and then Sam.  She was working on getting Steve out when the magician dude must have overpowered her. 

A strong force pushed Wanda and Vision back as the magician straightened and began what looked like a pretty scary attack.  Vision increased the power coming from the mind stone, but Wanda stumbled backwards before turning to use both hands to release Steve and Tony.  She was about to turn back to help Vision again, but the magician hit her with some sort of energy ball and she collapsed.  There was no way Vision would be able to hold the guy off much longer, especially now that Wanda was on the ground, breathing heavily and obviously in pain.  I turned quickly and jumped at the magician guy. 

"Hey, buddy!"  I exclaimed, shooting a web at his face.  He yelled and pulled the web off his face.  It wasn't supposed to be that easy to get off.  "Whoa, that's not cool,"  I said, shooting more webs to tie him up.  He broke through each of them easily, slowly turning his attention from Vision and towards me.  I could see Natasha sneaking up behind him now that he was so focused on me and Vision. 

"What are you?"  the magician roared.  Vision stopped his attack entirely as Tony began shooting at the magician.  He seemed equally mad at me and Tony for attacking him, but when Steve threw his shield at the magician's face, the anger went from just me and Tony to me, Tony, and Steve. 

"Get out of here, kid,"  Tony demanded.  I kept shooting webs at the magician, ignoring Tony's demand.  He yelled at me again and I rolled me eyes. 

"I came to help you,"  I said.  "I'm not leaving until we kill this guy."  I guess magician dude must have eyes in the back of his head, because he figured out pretty quickly that Natasha was behind him with a gun and turned to attack her.  Natasha's eyes widened as he spun around to face her and I knew she was screwed.  Without much thought, I threw myself on the guy's back and yelled in his ear.  "Rodeo!" 

Needless to say, magician guy did not appreciate this.  He tried to shake me off, but I was able to stay on thanks to my spidey sticking abilities.  He tried to shoot me with his magic, but I dodged easily.  It was hard to aim over your shoulder at such as awkward angle.  Eventually, though, he did get a hit and my entire shoulder felt like it was on fire.  My left arm dropped from his neck and I swallowed back a cry of pain.  I was now only holding on with one arm and he was able to throw me off. 

"Peter!"  Tony yelled as I flew through the air towards the ground. 

I landed on the ground with a hard bang.  If I thought the pain in my shoulder was bad before, it was so much worse when I landed on it falling from the magician's back.  Against my will, I cried out in pain and brought my right hand up to my shoulder.  I pulled back when I felt the wound and turned to look at it.  My shoulder was pretty messed up to say the least.  My suit was charred around it and the wound was black and bloody.  I suddenly wished I hadn't looked at it. 

"Stupid, kid,"  the magician growled.  He seemed unfazed by Tony and Steve's continuous attacks.  He simply held them back with one hand and turned to look at me from where I was lying on the ground in pain.  He leaned down to look at me closer, but I refused to turn away.  "Maybe I should make your death painful,"  he said, raising his other hand at me.  I squeezed my eyes closed, waiting for him to hit my other shoulder with his painful spell, but instead of feeling pain, I saw a bright light flash even with my eyes closed.  When I slowly opened my eyes, I saw Tony lying on top of me motionless.