Ch. 5

We brought down the food to the others in the lab. FRIDAY opened the door for us and sealed it tightly as soon as we had all walked in. The only one up was Steve who told us all the others were still asleep. Tony sent me down to get them, but Wanda and Vision weren't there. I returned with Natasha, Clint, and Sam, shrugging when Tony gave me a look that asked where the other two were at. As soon as the others saw the food, they raced over and began devouring it. I followed them and sat down on the couch next to Shuri and King T'Challa.

"What all did you do last night?" I asked Shuri. I took a bite of food and was surprised at its flavor. I had never tasted anything like this. It was probably a special Wakandan food. I would definitely need to ask King T'Challa and Miss Nakia for the recipe.

"I fixed Tony's suit upgrade and added a few more," she answered. "I also created a new upgrade for what looked like a suit with a spider on it. Don't know what that was about." She upgraded my super suit?

"What did you add to the spider suit?" I asked. I was almost finished with my first helpings of the Wakandan breakfast and had every intention of getting more. Apparently, though, I would have to race Steve because it looked like he was hoping to get more as well and there wasn't much left.

"Well, I upgraded the ability to foresee disasters like falling debris or weak structures to the AI," Shuri said.

"You upgraded Karen?" I exclaimed. Shuri looked at me strangely and my eyes widened. I had all but admitted the spider suit was mine. "I mean, that's what Tony calls the AI in that suit. Created it for the Spider-man guy." Shuri nodded slowly, giving me a hesitant look.

"Anyway," she said. She continued telling me about how she added a few more web combinations and I made a mental note to have Karen explain them to me. By the time she finished, I had finished my seconds on the breakfast and was getting full.

"Alright, everyone," Tony said, clapping his hands together and drawing everyone's attention to him. "Let's talk attack plans then load up."

* * *

I helped Steve and Sam load supplies onto a quinjet while everyone else reviewed and fine-tuned the plans. Shuri was going with us, but King T'Challa had made it quite clear she was to stay in the quinjet and monitor the mission to make sure nothing went wrong. Shuri didn't seem too thrilled about that, but she brightened up when Tony said I would be staying on the jet too. I reacted almost the same way Shuri had when she had been told to stay on board, telling Tony I was probably very necessary for the mission to go perfectly. Tony had none of it and told me to go load up. Upset, I had turned to help Steve and Sam load up but not before packing my new suit up in my backpack.

"Where are Wanda and Vision?" Tony asked Steve, walking onto the jet. Everyone but Wanda and Vision were loaded and ready to go. Almost as if they had heard Tony's question, they came running onto the jet together. Tony gave them both a stern look, but Wanda seemed unfazed by it.

"Sorry we are late," Vision said. "We lost track of time." Tony just hummed and called for Clint to take off once we were all seated.

"So, Peter," Steve said. I looked up at him across the quinjet. "What makes you such a valuable asset on the field?" Steve must have overheard my argument with Tony. Unfortunately, I was still trying to keep my super identity of Spider-man as a secret. Fortunately, I had gotten much better at coming up with excuses.

"I'm really good at martial arts and mythology," I said, which wasn't exactly a lie, but also wasn't entirely true.

"Fights like these are about more than just martial arts, kid," Steve told me. I nodded, knowing full well what he meant. "They're dangerous if you aren't prepared and trained." I just nodded again and let Steve tell me how he still had doubts himself even though he had super soldier serum. He ended by telling me maybe one day I would be able to go out with them and fight.

"Okay," I replied. Tony just smirked at me and I rolled my eyes, pulling out the phone he had given me and opening up the Crossy Road app.