Chapter Twenty Three

Halie's POV

After I left the house, I drove to the nearest drug store. I pulled into the parking lot and rushed inside to buy a pregnancy test. My hands were shaking and the lady at the counter kept giving me weird annoying looks. My nerves were completely shot and I was close to fainting.

You don't just knock someone up without discussing the idea. Of course I'd love a kid, but it's too soon. He's leaving. "Will that be all?" The lady at the counter asked with a disapproving look. I narrowed my eyes, but smiled as politely as I could. "Yes."

She rang it up and I paid, leaving the store quickly. I jumped in my car and drove back to Ian's house. Of course he was standing by the door waiting, but I pushed passed him, ignoring his talking as I walked straight to the bathroom.

After I peed on the stick, I set it aside and waited. Ian, however, watched my every move with amusement. "You think this is funny?" I asked and he smiled, nodding his head. "Do you want kids?" He asked and I nodded. "Of course I do."

"Okay. Well do you want kids with me?" He asked and once again I nodded. "Yes Ian. You know I do," I told him with a sigh. "Then stop freaking out. If you're pregnant then that's amazing. If not, we will try when you're ready. Okay?" He asked.

"Okay," I said softly and scolded myself to calm down. I slowly picked up the pregnancy test and looked at the results. I frowned and placed it back down.

Negative.

Did I want it to be positive? "It's negative," I told him sadly. He frowned and walked over to me. "We will try when you're ready baby. I love you," He whispered into my ear and I nodded. Maybe this was a good thing.

"I love you too Ian. I'm going to miss you like crazy," I said with a pout and he kissed my nose. "Want to go eat out?" He asked and I chuckled at his change of topic. That was something he loved to do.

"I'm not really hungry. How about a movie?" I suggested and he made a sour face. "But then my ass will go numb. How about we go to the bedroom?" He asked with a smirk.

"How about no?" I countered and he growled at me. He stared at me with heated eyes until I finally sighed and gave in.

"Fine," I said and he smirked. "We can go eat out," I finished with a smirk of my own. "You're evil," he mumbled and slapped my ass. "We literally just had sex like twenty minutes ago," I told him and he shrugged with a smile.

I glared at him then smiled and blew him a kiss. "But you love me," I told him with sass and he smiled brightly. "I'll never stop loving you," he told me and my heart melted.

A sudden urge of wanting to rip his clothes off passed through me and I acted quickly. I went up to him and kissed him like a starved woman. He growled and picked me up, gripping my ass tightly. He carried me to the room and salvaged my body once more like it and I was his drug.

The next morning I woke up to stomach cramps, so I went to the store for some Tylenol. According to Ian, he didn't feel pain so he never keep medicine around.

On my way back home an excruciating pain pierced through me and I cried out. Feeling an odd sensation, I looked down and saw blood covering my shorts. Being the person I was, I called Ian in tears, freaking out. He told me he was on his way right before I blacked out from the intensity of the pain.

"Halie," someone whispered and I groaned. "Baby, wake up."

That voice.

Ian.

Why does he want me to wake up? Why can't I open my eyes? Why am I not able to speak?

"Calm down baby. It's not good for you. I can't lose you too after losing the baby," he said with a broken voice and my heart beat picked up.

Baby? What baby? I was pregnant?

"Nurse!" Ian yelled and I tried to pry my eyes open. "I think she's awake," Ian whispered and the nurse mumbled something before I felt the pressure being relieved from my face and mouth.

I opened my eyes and saw Ian standing there with Kyeese, Heather, and aunt Carol. "What's going on?" I asked with a weak voice. The sound was raspy and my throat ached. "Uh," Ian began to speak but the doctor placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Let me," he said softly and looked at me. "You were pregnant but you lost the baby due to a miscarriage. You weren't very far along which is why it wasn't detected on the pregnancy test. You blacked out and a truck rammed into your vehicle, causing yours to flip multiple times," the doctor said and my heart stopped beating.

"I lost my baby?" I asked and he nodded. "Yes dear. You were also injured in the wreck but not severely. We would like for you to stay here a few days until your body has properly healed."

I nodded and looked away from everyone and let the tears flow, shutting everyone out. I lost my baby. The baby I didn't want but also wanted.