Chapter Seventeen

Ian's POV

"What the fuck was that?!" The coach yelled loudly, banging his fist against the lockers angrily. "Ian?!" He questioned angrily and I put my head down in defeat. I really didn't need this shit right now.

"You played like shit! Our first fucking game and we lost! Our first fucking lost!" He yelled and the guys around him looked at me with concern. They weren't pissed we lost, just confused as to why we did.

"You're lucky I don't fucking kick you off the damn team Ian. You were a mess throughout the whole game," he mumbled and I took a deep breath. "Don't bother. I quit!" I yelled and tossed my football gear to the side.

Everyone's attention was on me and the coach. His veins popped out and his eyes were big. "Excuse me?" He asked angrily. "I'm done. I'm fucking done coach. This team doesn't just depend on me. Do you think they were getting the encouragement they needed from you?" I asked and he opened his mouth.

"No!" I yelled and everyone jumped. "This isn't just my fault. This is your own fault too coach. So good luck on getting this team a win without me," I told him and pushed the door open.

"Ian!" I spun around and looked at the one person I really needed jogging towards me. "What happened out there?" Halie asked with concern, her eyes looking deep into mine. "What does it matter to you? You ended things between us," I mumbled angrily.

"Ian, I'm still concerned about you. I still care about you very much. But you've been distant all week. What was I supposed to do?" She asked with defeat. "You weren't supposed to give up so easily," I told her and she gasped. I regretted what I told her, but I was too angry to care.

"Ian," she whispered and I sighed. "What Halie?" I asked in irritation. "I'm sorry. You're right," she said softly. "Okay," I mumbled without a care and walked away. As much as I wanted to turn around and grab her, I wouldn't.

She was the one person who I thought wouldn't give up on me and she did. "Stop!" Halie yelled and I turned around. She ran into my arms, slightly making me stumble from the impact.

I caught myself and held her against me. She looked up at me and smashed her lips against mine quickly. "I need you too Ian. I'm so sorry," she cried against my lips and I sighed. How could I stay mad at this angel.

"You crushed me Halie, but I forgive you. You're my life," I told her and she whimpered against me. "Take me home please Ian. I just want to be held by you," she whispered and I growled.

"I can't go home tonight. My mom will be home and she'll be angry I lost the game," I told her and she sighed. "Aunt Carols then?" I questioned and she shrugged.

"I don't know. I was going to Heather's," she said softly and I frowned. "Where's Heather?" I asked and she looked around. "I'm not sure. Hold on," she mumbled, pulling out her phone.

"The tramp ditched me. She just texted saying she went home and that we needed to work out our problems." I chuckled, earning a glare from Halie. "Sorry Hales but it worked. Didn't it?" I asked and she smiled.

"Yes."

"Let's go to my house," I told her and she frowned. "Are you sure? Aunt Carol probably wouldn't mind you staying the night," she told me and I smirked. "But I have plans in mind that aunt Carol will get in the way of," I told her and she blushed fifty shades of red.

"Oh my god. Ian!" She screamed and slapped my arm. "What?!" I asked in fake hurt as I rubbed my stinging flesh. "Let's go lover boy," she mumbled and grabbed my hand, linking our fingers together instantly.

"My girlfriend is sexy when she's bossy," I mumbled and she stopped walking. "Girlfriend?" She asked and I smiled. "Well yeah baby. What did you think you were? You're mine. You're my everything," I told her and she giggled. "Oh, you're smooth," she said while smiling.

"Climb in beautiful," I told her, opening the passenger door of my truck. "Hey! Ian! Halie!" I turned my head and saw Kyeese jogging towards us. "Can I catch a ride home? My brother doesn't want me asking anyone but you two," she said with embarrassment.

I saw Halie shift uncomfortably in the seat. "It's okay," she mumbled and I gave her a weak smile. I knew she was still uneasy about the fact that I had fucked Kyeese, but at least she wasn't being petty about it.

"Thank you," Kyeese whispered. She climbed in on the side of Halie and I walked around to my side, hopping inside. The ride to Kyeese's place was beyond awkward as hell. When we arrived, she jumped out so quickly, I thought she broke my door. I finally let out the breath I was holding and released a dry chuckle.

"Well that was awkward," I mumbled and Halie laughed. "It was but it'll get easier. I'm just jealous that she had you," Halie admitted and I groaned. I knew fucking Kyeese was going to come back around and bite me in the ass. I just never thought it would be so soon.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled and she gave me a half ass smile. "It's whatever now," she whispered sadly. I nodded weakly before backing out of the driveway to head back to my house, nervous to get home for two reasons.

One, my mom and two, Halie.