Chapter 3

Dan POV

I walked back into my room thnking about what to wear. Probably something black and leather. That's when I heard footsteps coming into my room, two sets of foot steps. I ran into my bathroom as the guns fired. I shut the door giving me enough time to open the top draw of my sink cabbinate pulling out my two knives. I lay my back against the wall. First guy came kicked down the door I imediatly stabbed him in the throat then kick his body into his body knocking him over into the wall so I could slice his jugula.

Before I had time to asses my room my mind jumped to something far more important. Rose. I qickly threw the knives onto my bed pulling out a suit case from under neath it. I opened it revealing a 200 PM riffle with a split loader holding electron plasma with an added beam function. It was already loaded but I grabed the extra plasma pack just in case hasterly pulling on a jacket stuffing the plasma pack into one of it's pockets then ran out the door holding the riffle. I scaned the parking lot until I saw Rose being carried off by two thug looking men just like the ones that had attacked me. I raised teh riffle lowering the energy level to low shooting one them both in the back of the head, they both feel to teh ground.

I ran down the steps, but then a thug pulled out from behind a corner shooting at me forcing me to duck. By this time everyone had ran off screaming. When the gunfire at last stopped I stood up and saw that they had taken Rose.

I wasted no time jumping over the railing and down onto the ground running after them, but when I turned the corner they were already in a car and huvering off. (cars fly by the way) I held up the gun holding it close to my eye, I turned the power onto full and switched on the beam setting and was about to fire at the back window when I realized something. Rose was most likely in the back seat and if I couldn’t see where she was I might hit her instead. So reluctantly I lowered the gun and watched them drive away remembering the ID code. KM6325.

I ran back up to my apartment and assessed the damage. My painting of of the Belgorian jungles had been peppered with smoking craters, cheap plasma. Not to mention the holes in my bathroom door and my shower had been broken. Thank god they didn’t hurt my Modules (computer things). I turned to the left wall of my tech wall as I called it. Two desks side by side with three Modules spread across them, two cylinder screens one flat screen.

I sat down switching them on, there neon blue screens like walls of light. I quickly opened a call with Ben and Jessica. (Ben was a tech wiz and a hacker, they boy could hack into almost anything. He spent most of his time cooped up in his apartment like a goffer hiding from winter all year round. Jessica was the complete opposite. She was a sassy street smart girl that knew everybody, well at least the important people. Car dealers, arms traders, politicians, she was on good terms with almost everyone important in the city. Plus she knew the city like the back of her hand).

There faces popped up on the cylinder screens, Jessica on the right Ben on the left. His beak nose had curry on the end along with the white feathers that lined the sides of his face, his beady yellow eyes looking at me quizzingly. Jessica smiled at me showing of her snow white fangs just as pail as her white skin, as if she had washed her face in powder. Her raven like hair fell down in front of her shoulders framing her wine red eyes perfectly.

"Hey Dan you ok you called the emergancy line?" Asked Ben concered. Jessica just frowned raising an eye brow. "Why would he be ok after calling the emergency line?" Ben shruged.

"I don't know maybe he clicked the wrong button. So are you ok?" I shook my head.

"No i'm not. My apartment got attacked just a few seconds ago." I explained the rest about Rose and her kiddnaping. "They must think shes your acomplis or soemthing. It shocks me how think gangsters can be sometimes. I guess you don't really need a coledge degree to swear and shoot a gun tho." Said Jessica.