⠀⠀⠀» [l.s.] background

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
LENA
SANTOS
╰━𖥔━━━━𖥔

BACKGROUND!

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Lena Marie Santos was born of Rasalan and Lilabeth Santos on April 15, 2000

Lena Marie Santos was born of Rasalan and Lilabeth Santos on April 15, 2000. Her parents began experimenting on her as soon as she came into the world with the intention of creating a weapon and eventually giving themselves powers as well. They gave her energy manipulation abilities, but they were highly unstable. The experiments had killed her older brother, Keanu, who was a year her senior and whom she has no idea once existed.

Ray and Lili barely got to solidify her powers when their lab was destroyed in a freak accident, killing them both but leaving a one-year-old Lena an orphan. She was briefly taken in by S.H.I.E.L.D in order to assess her abilities and ensure she was safe to be put in foster care. Doctors injected her with a special serum that would keep her powers dormant for five years to prevent any complications with adoption.

Lena was adopted soon after by John and Jessa Rivera, who raised their new daughter with love in Queens, New York. They taught her Tagalog along with English and divulged her heavily in Filipino culture since her true father also came from the Philippines. Her parents chose to keep her original last name so she could keep a tie to her mysterious birth family.

Although she was well-loved, Lena never stopped wondering what her real parents were like. She would keep wondering this until she reached 16, when Tony Stark would help her figure out where she had come from.

At the age of five, Lena met Graham Seager while in elementary school

At the age of five, Lena met Graham Seager while in elementary school. The two became fast friends— a budding musical prodigy and a young girl who had just been diagnosed with ADHD as a result of her unstable abilities. Even though the medication scarcely worked, her parents continued buying it for her all throughout her childhood. They believed her brief periods of peace were because of the medicine. However, it was because of the occasional blasts Lena would emit while alone in her room. She discovered that the more she let the power go, the longer she would go without shaking.

She and Graham were inspired by the fairly recent debut of the Avengers and were thirteen when they first started thinking about making her into a vigilante. They spent a year planning and buying her costume online: a black jumpsuit, platinum blond wig, black mask, and a voice changer that would disguise her identity as well as possible. She didn't start her career until she was fourteen. The Spider-Man made his first appearance almost a year later.

Graham came up with her superhero name and made a point to release it to the public so she wouldn't be called something dumb like Energy Girl. She became known as Havoc because of the destruction she could cause with her abilities, and because most civilians didn't know exactly what it was that she could do. All they saw was blue-tinted mist coming out of her hands— something that later got her compared to Scarlet Witch, even though Lena didn't have telekinesis powers.

Most people would describe her as eccentric and bold right along with highly intelligent. Lena attended Midtown School of Science and Technology for high school and joined Robotics along with the Scholastic Decathlon team. She always stood up to injustice, which gave her a firm reputation as being intimidating at first but a bundle of fun once people got to know her. Her style ranged from bold colors and her beloved denim jacket to knit sweaters and skirts. Her music taste was mostly just as wild as her— The Beatles, All Time Low, Imagine Dragons, Queen, and the Beach Boys being among her favorites.

Lena's story begins in her junior year of high school and tells the tale of how she finally teams up with the city's favorite local hero aside from her— the infamous Spider-Man.