Get a hold of yourself Elena. You do not know the male, do not get involved.

Was he going to take that anger out on me?

Dread filled my stomach like I was drinking it. I rolled my lips together as I was basically stuck under him, his arms caging my upper body in a slightly erotic way.

I will my subconscious to remove the latter thought, knowing the way we were lying now inappropriate for someone like me and someone like him. I also knew that talking to myself within my own mind was probably a sign of mental degradation, something that had been expected of me ever since I was brought into this world.

"Hello Little Mate." My eyes return to his blue ones again, the cloudy mist gone. His voice was soft and coaxing, something so unusual. Did men often speak like this to females they lay with?

I force a smile, scared of what he was going to do next.

Were we going to kiss before the mind-link came through?

I couldn't help the thought; it was almost automatic.

I had seen people kiss before; I had seen men kiss many women before. Especially in the Pack House at the old pack. Some kisses looked nicer than others, some looked bad. Some women looked hurt by it, like they didn't want it but some looked like it was what they desired though.

I could not interfere, otherwise I would get a similar, if not worse fate to those women. I felt so sorry when I saw the pain in their eyes. It didn't matter if they were leaning into those kisses or not, it didn't matter whether their legs went up around their men's waist, it did not matter the act they put on, or whether it was true or not. There was always a pain, a hurt, in their eyes and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I would give my life to cure those women of their pain, except I cannot.

That's the one thing I want to do before I go; help someone and change their life. So that is why I was still alive, why I pushed through.

I knew I couldn't make it much further, but I hoped that someday I could change a person's life.

Despite this, the anxiety the grew in my stomach at the thought of this man, this stranger, kissing me gave me was not welcome. It was bad. I could not let him this close again for those reasons exact.

His facial expression changes softly, with his eyebrows creasing in a strange pattern. This only lasts for a few seconds before he pulls himself up, offering me his own hand as he stands on his feet. He moved fast, which surprised me but I knew I shouldn't be that surprised as he was meant to be an Alpha of a Pack. He also acted as though I didn't weigh a lot, which to him I probably didn't since he was an 'Almighty Alpha'. That's what they called the Kings of the Continents. The 'Almighty'. I never understood why however, it was strange to think that they were stronger than normal Alphas, since they were an Alpha themselves but then you had to consider that they ruled over their pack as well as the land assigned to them, so they should gather more strength than normal Alphas, if that at all made sense.

He lifted me off the ground with ease, and we were already walking away from the beautiful field and towards the path we walked on to get here. The sun was still in the sky, and the breeze was light. The skies were still blue with a few fluffy clouds spotting the atmosphere, although there were less than there were earlier.

He doesn't say anything, which I found unusual but I didn't say anything as that would be rude of me to do so. Blake takes my hand, instead of saying something of course, and leads the way back through the forest. I furrow my eyebrows as we walk away from the picnic blanket we were sitting on, thinking to myself is he just going to leave it here?