Chapter Six

The troubled Jean had been talking to Marco, sort of like how Eren was talking to Armin. He depended on Marco, he knew Marco would give him advice and wouldn't spread whatever Jean told him, except the occasional joke to tease him. Marco was already catching on about the whole Jean and Eren thing. Hanging out with Jean a lot, it wasn't stupid to assume Jean's feelings towards the brunette. The way Jean looked at him, the way Jean talked about him. Which was quite often might he add.

"...I just want to fucking help him! He won't let me! He won't let me in!" Jean ranted, at this point his blood boiling. He gritted his teeth, staring out at the lake. He was angry and confused about his and Eren's feelings, but he accepted his own feelings. If he loved Eren, then he wouldn't deny it or try to hide it away as much. He knew there was a reason behind it. But then there was Eren, he was sure Eren wouldn't like him back. There was so many people in the world, why would Eren pick him? They did fight a lot, there was no reason for them to go out. But Jean didn't care, his feeling's were strong for the brown haired, short tempered brunette.

Marco sighed and smiled comfortingly. "But you did help him, I'm positive he appreciates it. You know how people are, they have trouble saying thank you. Maybe he just has problems expressing his feelings..." The freckled boy suggested, shrugging. On the inside he knew for a fact Eren did have problems expressing his feelings, he talked to Armin a lot in secret. They weren't close friends, but they did have one thing in common. They both wanted to help their best friend.

Jean shook his head. "I don't know..." He looked up at the crowd of people and noticed Reiner. His eyes narrowed, watching as he spoke to Bertholdt and Annie, a smug look on his face. He growled, rage taking over his body. "That fucking asshole will pay..." He spat, standing up. The memories of Eren in the lake haunted his mind for a couple seconds, of how much pain Reiner caused him. How Eren could hardly breath.

The freckled raven jumped up, grabbing Jean's arm. "Don't you dare. Fighting him won't fix anything." He said carefully, studying Jean's every movement. He knew Jean would try do something heroic like that, but in Marco's eyes it wasn't heroic. Just stupid and idiotic.

"Whatever..."Jean muttered, not taking his eyes off Reiner for a second. He felt his head pound as red clouded his vision. He took a deep breath, trying to calm down.

Meanwhile Reiner was laughing, looking at Annie and Bertholdt. "And he was all screaming and crying, what a fucking wuss. He kept yelling Jean's name, he probably is like gay for him!" He cackled loudly, doing big arm movements to impersonate a certain brunette.

Bertholdt laughed as well while Annie just chuckled with a smirk. "Yeah, I hope he's still down there." Bertholdt said with a grin.

Annie nodded in agreement. "I wish he was, sadly I saw him with the stupid coconut head earlier, he was even reading a nerdy book. How typical."

Jean picked up on a few of the words and snarled, pulling away from Marco. "That fucking does it." He sprinted towards Reiner and his friends, ignoring Marco's disapproving shouts. "You fucking dick! I'll kill you!" Jean shrieked, blinded by rage. He tackled Reiner, trying to punch the fuck out of him.

Reiner narrowed his eyes and grabbed Jean's shoulders, rolling over so he could easily hit him, pinning him to the ground. "What the fuck is your problem Kirstein?" He asked angrily, pulling his shoulders up and slamming him back into the ground.

Bertholdt and Annie exchanged a stare and rolled their eyes, taking a step back. They knew that Reiner could handle this.

Jean clenched his fists, kneeing Reiner in the stomach. "Why the hell would you do that to him!? WHAT DID HE EVER FUCKING DO TO YOU?!" He yelled, glaring up at the blond.

Reiner raised his fist back before striking Jean acoss the face. "He started it! He humiliated us in front of everyone! All because..." He stopped, thinking for a moment then smirked. "I would of thought someone told you. He was defending you for Christ sake! All because we said you looked like a horse, he had to go fucking mental on us!" He said, raging. 

Jean's eyes widened. "What...?" He ignored the sore pain in his eye after the punch.

"Fucking douchebag knocked all three of us out with his stupid baseball bat thing. Some idiot decided to record us. So there, that's why!" Reiner snapped.

"So that's why you tried to kill him! You guys are fucking pathetic!" Jean noticed Marco approaching them, a worried look on his face.

"Guys you need to stop fighting or we'll all get in trouble. The seniors will go crazy." The raven spoke confidently, keeping his eyes on the ground beside Jean.

Bertholdt glared at him, rolling his eyes. "Shut it spotty freak, no one cares." He said with a laugh, Annie smirking beside him.

Marco's face went red and he decided to ignore their comment. "Come on Jean." He said staring at him, desperately wanting to get away from the others. He wasn't insulted, he just felt awkward.

Jean growled and kicked Reiner off of him. "Jesus Christ you guys over react so damn much. Eren hits you over the head, you try to kill him? Marco warns you about something? You fucking insult him. And no one hurts Marco, I mean no one!" He snapped, storming off.

The freckled raven stood there biting his lip nervously. "I'll just go..." He muttered, following Jean quickly.