Chapter Two

Marco pulled Jean back to his seat and sighed, crossing his arms. "Jean for goodness sake, enough." He said impatiently before looking out of the window.

"He started it!" Jean replied and scowled. He watched as the bus pulled up at a gas station. He stood up along with a bunch of other kids.

"Everyone come back here in ten minutes!" The driver called loudly.

Most of the children left the bus to buy things from the little gas station shop. Jean waited until the aisle was clear of other teens and stood up, walking off the bus. He took a deep breath of air and winced as air went through his bloody nose. He held one hand up to his nose and headed towards the bathroom at the back of the station. He walked inside, looking around. There was three toilet cubicles and some sinks with dirty mirrors. He grabbed some toilet paper and stood in front of the mirror, gently dabbing the tissue against his nose. He flinched and gripped one of the sinks with his hands. "Fuck..." He mumbled, trying to dry the blood up with the tissue. He looked back in the mirror and noticed a smirking brunette leaning against the wall.

"Having fun?" Eren asked amused, tapping his foot against the floor.

Jean narrowed his eyes and spun around on his heel, glaring at Eren. "What's your prob-" He froze, wincing again.

Eren rolled his eyes and started approaching Jean. "If you keep doing that you're going to make your nose worse." He took the tissue from Jean and sighed, pressing it to his nose gently.

The taller boy opened his mouth to retaliate, then closed his mouth again like a fish. He flinched, taking a small step back. "That hurts." He whined, glaring at Eren.

Eren raised an eyebrow, giving him a 'really?' look. "Stop being a baby." He stepped forwards, trapping Jean between the sink and himself. He pressed the tissue against Jean's nose again softly. "You can't hesitate or else it'll just make it worse." He explained, not noticing how red Jean's face was turning.

"W-Whatever." Jean stuttered, averting his eyes away from Eren's face and to the ground, biting his lip.

Eren frowned slightly and held the toilet paper for a couple more seconds. "Did I really punch it that bad?" He asked guiltily.

Jean's eyes widened and he shook his head. "N-No! Not at all! Are you okay?" He asked as Eren stepped away, putting the paper in the bin. He mentally face palmed after asking him, he only wanted to change the subject. Well that's what he told himself.

The brunette couldn't help but laugh. "Jean Kirstein? Asking me if I'm okay? Did you hit your head?" He asked laughing, shaking his head. He wondered why Jean would even bother asking him that, usually Jean taunted him after an argument, not checked up on him.

"Tsk s-shut up." He mumbled, his face going red with embarrassment.

Eren smirked and grabbed some more toilet paper, handing it to Jean. "You'll need a lot for the bus, it'll probably bleed for a while." He stated, shrugging.

Jean muttered something under his breath and nodded. "I figured, we should get back to the bus." He said to the shorter boy before walking out the bathrooms, towards the bus.

Eren quickly ran after him, matching his pace. "I know." He said sighing, stretching slightly. "This bus ride is shit, Armin and Mikasa will just keep fussing over me. " He complained quietly, rolling his eyes.

Jean chuckled a little and shrugged. "You could always sit near me..." He suggested subconsciously then his whole face turned red. "W-What I mean is y-"

Eren cut him off. "That'd be great actually, anything to get some peace." He lied, stepping onto the bus. "I'll go grab my stuff from my seat." He said walking off.

The taller boy smiled widely as Eren walked away and rushed to his seat, already seeing Marco there with a bag of chips. "Eren is going to sit with us!" He whispered, nicking one of his chips.

Marco only laughed and shook his head. "Oh Jean, did you actually invite him over? I'm so proud." He said smirking.

Jean rolled his eyes and nudged him with his elbow. "Shut up! I was just being nice." He answered.

"Mhmm, and how often is it you are nice to someone?" Marco asked smugly, eating his chips.

Jean hushed him as Eren walked over, sitting down in the seats behind, his suitcase on the floor. "Hey Marco!" Eren said waving slightly.

Marco turned around on his seat, peaking over it. "Hey Eren, how nice of you to join us."

Eren chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, Mikasa wasn't too pleased about it though." He joked.

"Well fuck her." Jean muttered, loud enough for both Eren and Marco to hear. They both exchanged confused looks.

"Have you got something against Mikasa? Last time I heard you liked her?" Eren asked questioningly.

"Tsk no, she's just too possessive." Jean snapped, crossing his arms as if he was a little kid in a huff.

Marco laughed and patted his head. "Poor Jean, so overprot-"

In a flash Jean had jumped up, covering Marco's mouth so he couldn't say any more.

Eren's eyebrows furrowed. "Jean what's up with you?" He asked confused, standing up a little.

Jean narrowed his eyes a took a chip from Marcos packet. "Here Eren have a chip!" He said letting go of Marco, leaning over his seat to hand it to Eren so he'd shut up.

The brunette just stared at Jean for a couple seconds, raising an eyebrow. "...thanks?" He took the chip from his fingers, eating it.

Jean's eyes widened and he mumbled an apology. He sat back down in his seat, his face literally burning up. "I... I think I bumped my head." He lied, looking at the seat in front of him

"Told ya so." Eren joked, leaning against his suitcase and yawning.

Marco just gave Jean a knowing look then kept eating his chips, looking out the window as they got closer to camp.