It's You

"We need to get you out of the house." Alice's thought echoed in my head and I sighed. "Let's go into the city!" I really did not want to go into New York with my overbearing fashionista sister who would no doubt buy out entire stores. I didn't give her a response, instead I turned back to the journal I had been writing in for the last twenty minutes. Journals filled with my dictation were littered around me, thrown here and there after I had written on every single page.

Many of them held my apology to Bella. Others had only her name written in them over and over until the pages bled. Even more journals had the things I wanted to ask her, tell her, and the places I wanted to go with her. Those were the hardest to write down because I knew I would never be seeing her again.

That was the whole point.

"Edward? Come with me, Carlisle and Esme need alone time." Everyone knew what 'alone time' meant in the house, which is why no one else was here, I realized. With a sigh I threw the pen down. I should have left my family after the fiasco in Forks. Should have left them to heal, but I was a selfish creature, and I knew if I wasn't around others I would have lost whatever humanity was left in me. I would have killed thousands of innocents in my anguish. Probably why Alice dragged me to my car and forced me to stay with the family as we all moved cross country to North Carolina. A few months later we moved again to Canada, but Emmett found a girl who smelled very appetizing and Rosalie used all her strength to pull him away. We hopped around every few months. Nothing felt as right as Washington did, so it didn't feel right to stay very long.

The temptation to go and see my Bella was overwhelming at times, especially at night, when she would dream and talk in her sleep. Did she still say my name? He so desperately wanted to ask Alice to look for her future, but he promised Bella and himself that it would be like he never existed. He couldn't give her anything but death.

Moving at a human pace her went downstairs to see Alice waiting for him. Jasper, Emmett, and Rose were hunting for the weekend and Alice promised to stay with me incase I decided to do something stupid like set fire to myself.

Once the family relocated to North Carolina I sold the Volvo and drove my Vanquish. Bella had never been in it, so it didn't hold any memories to torture me. Alice let me drive so I took my time when going into the city. Even in high traffic I caught a few admiring and jealous thoughts for the car. Lot more when Alice and I stepped out of the car to shop.

The buildings allowed the shadows to conceal our skin from humans, so we weren't worried about being discovered and we weren't worried because it was New York. I could probably drag someone kicking and screaming into an alley, kill them, and no one would care. Everyone in this city was a selfish prick who only worried about themselves, so I fit right in with the population.

We were on the corner, waiting for the cross walk to signal when I heard the sound of a skateboarder. They should have been slowing if they didn't want to be run over. When the pace only increased Alice and I turned to see a girl with wet hair barreling down on us about to go into the busy street. Didn't she see the traffic or the people waiting to cross?

"Catch her!" The vision flashed by almost too quickly for me to comprehend but the gist was that if I didn't catch her then there would be a lot blood and we really would be exposed for what we were. The video would go viral in hours and the Volturi would hunt us down.

The girl's hair lashed me in the face as I caught her, and I heard the whoosh of air leave her lungs at the impact, just a bus crushed her skateboard underneath its deadly tires. In the next second, I smelt Bella. The way too thin girl I held in my arms was my Isabella. I almost collapsed at the complete feeling I had been missing for the last two years.

Bella turned in my arms and was already apologizing before she saw who held her and went completely white.

"Edward?" Her voice was full of disbelief and then changed.  "How dare you!" The venom in her voice threw me for a loop, over powering the joy. "Do you know the hell you put me through all those years ago and you have the gall to save me again? As if that's your right anymore?"

Was she talking about the van that would have killed her if I hadn't of stopped it?

"I've missed you too." I said softly before I crashed my lips onto hers. She froze up for a few seconds before melting against me and throwing her arms around my neck. I could smell her tears and made me wish I could cry as well.

"I'm so sorry, I thought I was doing the right thing by leaving but I've been in hell since that day." My voice was strained and thick.

"Bella?" A timid voice by my side called out. I had forgotten Alice was here.

As we parted Alice embraced Bella tightly and murmured apologies in Bella's ear. They hugged for a few minutes, repairing the rift I had made. Guilt overwhelmed every part of me. I would make this right no matter what.

They finally parted, and Bella looked at me. Her eyes hadn't changed since I last saw her and I knew right then I would never leave her again.

                                                                           The End

********************************************************************************

Well I finally got the idea out of my head. . .for now. Hope you liked it, comment, vote, fan.

Yours S.A