nine | banner's bare ass

Start from the beginning

"It's not like I haven't seen it before. I saw every literally seconds ago." Ingrid stays facing away for a few minutes before she is allowed to turn and the three go on the streets of Sakaar. Ingrid walks in front of them, knowing the city better as Thor keeps whispering about the sun to Banner who breaths heavily. Banner sits on a step as he groaned, head in his hands. Ingrid and Thor sit on either side with Ingrid rubbing his back as Thor looked for threats that could pass. "The sun's going down. It's getting really low. The sun's going down. It's getting real low."

"Would you stop saying that!?" Banner and Ingrid shout in unison causing the two to nod at each other before Ingrid goes back to rubbing his back. "I just need you to stay calm."

"Calm!? I'm on an alien planet!" Ingrid could see that from a normal person point of view that this would be a confusing time. "It's just a planet. You've been on a planet before."

"Yeah! One!"

"Now you've been on two. That's a good thing. It's a new experience." Thor grinned at the two as Banner wiped his face with his hands. "Hey, tell all of your friends that you were used as a gladiator to fight and kill others for entertainment. I'm sure they'll applaud you." Thor shook his head rapidly causing Ingrid to smile at him and look back down at Banner.

"My neurons, they're firing faster than my brain can handle the information. The whole thing is totally different this time. In the past, I always felt like Hulk and I each had a hand on the wheel, but this time it's like he had the keys and I was locked in the trunk." Ingrid nodded and kept rubbing his back which he had to admit, was quite soothing. "Alright, well, you're back now, that's all that matters."

"No, it's not what matters. What I'm trying to tell you, is that if I turn into the Hulk again, Banner may never come back. And we're stranded on a planet that is designed to stress me out." Ingrid couldn't help but agree with him on that one. "Yes, this is a very stressful place." Banner looked at Thor and waved his arms towards Ingrid causing the god to smack his hands down. "We're not stranded, I'm gonna figure out a way to get us home." Ingrid and Banner were relieved to hear Thor's reassurance. "Thank you."

"Not your home, though. Asgard." All the happiness that was in Banner's expression vanished as confusion took over again. "What?"

"Listen, my people are in great danger. You, Ingrid and I, we have to fight this really powerful being who also happens to be my sister."

"Okay, that is so wrong on so many... I don't wanna fight your sister. That's a family issue."

"The way you put it makes it sound like I should let Thor handle it." Ingrid thought for a second before she notices a finger being pointed at her. "You can't back out, you already agreed that you were going to get revenge. No, she's an evil being." Ingrid rolls her eyes and nods before turning back to Banner who continued to freak out. "I don't care what she is. I'm not fighting any more beings. I'm sick of it. I just told you. If I turn into the Hulk, I am never gonna come back again. And you don't care."

"I care and I swear that I will help you get back to this being if that is what you would prefer." Ingrid smiled at him who smiled back at her causing Thor to look at the two before clapping so they looked at him. "No, no. I'm putting together the team. The Hulk is the fire."

"Wait, you're just using me to get to the Hulk." Thor's eyes went wide as he tries to revert the situation. "What? No!"

"It's gross. You don't care about me. You're not my friend. Ingrid's my friend, she cares." Ingrid was truly touched by the man's words. "Thank you, small man." The two nod at each other.

"No! I don't even like the Hulk. He's all like... 'smash, smash, smash.' I prefer you." Banner knew that Thor was not really being genuine. "Thanks." Ingrid smiled at Thor before he scrunched up his face. "But if I'm being honest, when it comes to fighting evil beings, he is very powerful and useful." Banner shakes his head as he hears Thor trying to use him to get to the Hulk. "Yeah, Banner's powerful and useful, too."

"Is he though?"

"I'm sure he is, but all that we're saying is that in dire circumstances such as the one happening on Asgard, I think that the other guy might be more helpful." Ingrid tried to negotiate with him but he just got more offended with each sentence. "How many PhDs does Hulk have? Zero. How many PhDs does Banner have? Seven." Ingrid wondered whether or not PhDs were weapons or not but then decided that they were completely useless as Thor looks underwhelmed.

"Fine, you don't have to fight anyone. But we're in danger here, so we have to move."

God, I am exhausted. I am having one of the most stressful interviews of my life tomorrow and on top of that I have to get my school attendance up and it's also my birthday tomorrow which I'm not cheering about just because all this other stuff is happening and UGH. Rant over.

Thanks, Queenie.

(EDITED)