Chapter 34 - Investigation!!

"The rain comes and sounds like you"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kabir's P.O.V.

Two days have passed since I've seen Spooky in college. I've called her two times yesterday but she doesn't take my calls. Last time, I saw her with Atharv in front of my class but later that day, I was informed that she'd left the college early with one and only Atharv.

I don't know why but her being too friendly with him is not sounding pleasing to me. Something is sure shot odd in Miss. Spooky's behaviour.

Today, I parked my car and found Aashi's parking spot empty today also. It's thrid day when she's missing the college. I tried to ask Noor too but she also had no idea. My whole group is doubtful that I might have said something to her or we had a fight. They're taking my lie of being her boyfriend way too seriously. Jay and Dhruv had even asked me indirectly if something happened between Spooky and me. Here, I've not even talked to her after that date and they're asking me if something happened. How do I know? I'm not her real boyfriend.

As soon as I enter the college premises, I saw Nia coming in my direction with her eyes busy in searching something in her bag. She didn't notice my presence so I walked to her and initiated the conversation.

"Good morning Niharika", I said. Nia doesn't like anyone calling her with her short name Nia. Only Aashi and Parth had that right, Jay told me once. He's trying really hard to get a place in Nia's heart. This girl is just not an easy catch.

"Kabir. Good morning", she replied looking at me and passed me a friendly smile. Her searching mission came to a halt when she took out a rubber band from her bag and tied her hair in a long bun.

"How are you?", I asked looking at her making her bun.

"Fantastic. You tell?", She asked throwing her bag back on her shoulder picking it up from the ground.

"I'm good too. Have you seen Aashi?", I asked.

"I just reached college, so I've to go to the class and check if she's in the college or not", Nia replied.

She's absent. I've seen her parking spot already, my heart whispered.

"Oh. Actually I tried to call her but she doesn't reply. I was busy in these last two days, so I couldn't meet her", I lied with perfection.

To be honest she's avoiding me like something, my heart whispered!!

"I see. I also called her yesterday and she told me that she's busy in shopping for her cousin's marriage", Nia said and I don't know why but it somehow relieved me. It disturbed me the next second too.

Why didn't she pick up my calls?, I wonder.

"Ok. If you talk to her then just ask her to call me", I said and she nodded.

"I'll convey your message", she said with a nod and I smiled.

"I should go now. I'm getting late for my class", I said and bid her bye. She responds back and I walked to my class.

As soon as I entered the class, I saw Atharv sitting with his group laughing hard. Since last two days, he's also absent. I walked past his seat and sat on back. My group had not arrived yet so I opened my mobile and started surfing on Facebook.