Chapter 10 - Shopping!!

I'm choosing Andrew Garfield as Jay!!

Aashi's P.O.V.

'I'm in love with the shape of you, we push and pull like a magnet do. Although my he-', I picked up my ringing mobile whose ringtone I've just changed a few days back. It was from unknown number.

"Hello", I said.

"Hello. Is Aashi speaking?", A familiar voice greeted me from other side of line. It was from a boy.

"Yes. May I know who is this?", I asked.

"Hey, it's Dhruv here", he said.

"Oh, hey", I said.

"How are you?", He asked.

"I'm good. You say. What about you?", I asked.

"I'm also good. Remember I said that I'll call you", he asked.

"Yeah, you said it like five days ago and I waited for your call like for one to two days also. What happened?", I asked with a chukle.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. Actually one after other, I got distracted by some work that I couldn't give you a call. I kind off need your help", he said.

"Shoot", I said.

"You know right that Noor's birthday is coming", he said.

"Yes, I know that. She's my sister after all", I replied.

"Yes. Good. So, I.. Actually someone needs your help for selecting a gift for Noor", he said and I raised my eyebrows.

"As far as I believe, you guys are really good friends with Noor and you know her better than me. Then, why do you need my help?", I replied.

"Actually Aashi, let me come straight to the point. Someone here is really sorry for his rude behaviour and wants to thank you properly for helping him out. So, could you please join us in shopping for Noor's surprised birthday party?", Dhruv said and I understood that he's talking about Kabir.

I smiled and said, "It's ok Dhruv. I really don't feel bad. Your friend Kabir an idiot and I don't expect good things from him".

"Hey, you can't say me idiot, you spooky", another voice came from the background. I rolled my eyes at Kabir's comments.

"Sorry, the mobile is on speaker", Dhruv apologised.

"No problem. I'll help you but can I bring my friend Nia with me?", I asked.

"No", another voice greeted my ears.

"Yes", Dhruv said.

"I said No", that voice again yelled.

"Shut up Jay. No one's talking to you", I heard Dhruv saying and I sighed. Oh, so it's Jay. Seems all the boys are sitting together somewhere.

"Sorry Aashi. You can bring whomsoever you want to bring with you. We'll meet you tomorrow. I'll text you the address and the time", Dhruv said.

"Fine by me. Meet you tomorrow. Bye", I said.

"Bye, he replied and hung up.

I went downstairs and sat with my mom who was chopping vegetables. I sat down at the chair next to her and formed a question in my mind which I've to say to her so that I could get permission to go out.