Chapter 18

Levi took the gun away from me right when the sentence left his mouth. My fist came in contact with his face. I started to punch his jaw, cheek, and stomach.

I stopped and looked at the bastard who killed my father. I took the gun from Levi and pressed it against Erd's head again.

"Fucking continue," I demanded.

He spit blood on the sheets and looked at me. "See...there's a certain...time when..when we need our money. If you...don't give it to us by...that time...there is a consequence."

"Why do you need the money?" Levi asked. He probably knew I was too furious to speak.

He laughed. "Why does anybody need money? Drugs. Alcohol. Guns. Knives. And sometimes because people just owe it to us."

"Why did my father owe it to you?" I finally asked. I pressed the gun against his forehead a little harder.

"Your father was a fraud. A liar," he said looking me in the eye.

I shook my head. "He was a good man. He was a better man then you'll ever fucking be!"

He chuckled again. "We've done business with your dead father before. The first time, he didn't pay on time. So, we gave him more time. But his time, along with your mother's, was up on that day."

It took everything I had not to kill Erd. Levi could notice it too. "How is he a fraud?"

He looked at me for a moment. "Tell me, do you know what your father did for a living?"

"I-I don't know, he was always away on business. My mother wouldn't talk about it." I glanced at Levi who was just staring at me. I looked back at Erd.

He laughed. "Your poor little mind," he said quietly. "Your father who you considered a 'good man' sold drugs for a living."

My eyes opened wide and my hand started to shake. "You're a fucking liar," I said shakily. "That's not true. That's not true," I repeated to myself.

"It is," Erd said with a smirk. "Your daddy did business with us. His 'business trip' was just driving out to meet us."

I didn't reply. He continued talking. "He met with us another day and gave us 'drugs' we paid for. They were fake. We found out. Then that day, we asked for our money back. He gave it to us, but he still didn't have the money we needed before. So, he went home and tried to run away, as you remember, but it didn't work out."

I didn't reply. I just stared at him; waiting to shoot a bullet through his head. I gave the gun to Levi. He took it and put it against Erd's head.

I grabbed the lamp on the nightstand and threw it against the wall. I grabbed some more things and threw them also.

Erd looked like he enjoyed my breakdown while Levi was just staring him down. I slid my back down the wall while Levi continued asking questions.

"Where's Erwin now?"

"I don't know. Even though I was the closest to Erwin, I stopped working with him when I had all the money I needed," he replied nonchalantly.

"So Erwin is apart of the group?" He seemed a little mad whenever he said it.

He didn't reply at first. ".....Yes."

"Who is he collecting money from?" Levi asked. His voice seemed a little uneven for some reason.

"I said I stopped doing business with him. I stopped all contact with him. I had everything I needed."

"Then we're done with your filthy ass," he hissed. He turned around and looked at me. I got up and took the gun away from him.

We headed for the door. "Hey! Hey wait! What about the handcuffs!" Erd yelled.

Levi and I turned around. "Erd...Do you remember what I said when I was six. What I said after that person kicked me in my sides?"

"Does it matter?" he snapped.

"Yes."

He scratched his beard. "No, I don't."

I raised the gun up and aimed for his head. "I'll kill you all."

I pressed the trigger and a loud bang sounded the room. I moved it down and saw Erd with a bullet in his forehead.

There was a slight ringing in my ears, but I ignored it. I felt Levi grab the gun. "Autumn."

"I'll kill them all, Levi," I said turning to him. "I will kill them."

***

I was under the covers staring up at the ceiling. Tears were gathering in my eyes. The lamp light was still on since Levi was doing something. I don't know what.

Probably in the mirror with his shirt off, posing and saying, "Too sexy for my shirt" repeatedly.

Everything Erd said replayed in my mind. Everything. My father...That can't be true. It can't.

I heard a sigh. I didn't blink away the tears because I figured they would fall soon. But, I guess they already did. Levi used his thumb and wiped them away.

He started to walk away when I grabbed onto his wrist tightly. "Please," I said quieter then I intended. "Stay."

I scooted over in the bed and Levi laid next to me. I put my head in his chest and sobbed quietly. He put his hands on my back and pulled me closer.

"Why are you getting my shirt wet, brat?" he asked quietly. I heard a click and I figured he turned off the lamp light.

"My father......" I sniffed. "Is it true?" I clutched onto his shirt. "My father?" I sobbed into his shirt.

He sighed. He pulled me away from his shirt and put two fingers under my chin. "You're a mess," he quietly said. He grabbed a tissue and cleaned me up.

"It's only been a day, Levi. I'm already breaking down," I confessed. "How the fuck am I going to last two weeks?"

He sighed. "We'll get through it," he quietly said. "I know it."

"I don't know about me," I said. "I'm weak. I didn't realize it till today. By just a couple of words, I lost it."

"You had a reason to though. I would have been pissed too."

I didn't reply. I just closed my eyes and surrounded myself in darkness. "I don't regret killing him," I said after a while.

"I know you don't," Levi calmly said. "I'm glad you did."

"Levi?" I asked quietly.

"Hm?"

"....What...did you say to Erd? You were punching him then I came out, you said something to him afterwards."

I felt him lean in close to me. His lips were next to my ear. "I told him that he will never put his hands or lips on you ever again. In my opinion, nothing filthy should ever touch you."