Matriarch

P.O.V: Roman

I had to force my eyes open the next morning, I was laying on the bathroom floor and my head was pounding. The first thing I noticed was the blood which coated the tiles, the second thing was that I wasn't in the hotel room I had rented the night before. I slowly reached out and tried to lift myself from the ground, as I did I slipped on some of the blood and face planted back onto the floor.

"Fuck." I muttered as I looked at my bloodied hand, my brow furrowed as I surveyed it closer, this was my blood. I started to survey my body then and noticed the bite marks which ran up and down my forearms, this made no sense what so ever. My arms stung as I surveyed them, the bite marks were starting to heal, but that didn't stop the pain.

I slowly reached out and grabbed onto the rancid bath which looked like it hadn't been cleaned in awhile for leverage as I hauled myself up. The image which looked back at me from the mirror as I stood didn't even look like me. My hair was a complete mess, I had a cut on my lip and forehead, and I was deathly pale, whatever had happened last night had clearly caught me off guard.

I wrapped my hand around my one wrist trying to stop the stinging as I wondered into the bedroom. More blood stained the carpets, and it looked as if there had been a bit of a scuffle in here.

What the fuck had happened?

I reached up and ran my hand over my forehead and winced as I did, I had definitely been hit hard. The blood in here was mine as well, it was a miracle I hadn't been bled dry judging on how much of it coated the room. I was also thirsty, and I didn't know where I was, so getting back to my car where I stored some spare nutrient could prove to be a difficult task.

My mind then travelled to my phone, where was it? It wasn't in my pocket and at first I didn't see it in the room, but as I headed back into the bathroom I noticed it under a blood drenched towel. I quickly picked it up and was relieved to see that I still had 29% battery life, I then noticed the messages and missed calls from Lillian and Peter. The most recent ones had come in five minutes ago, that meant that they were both still alive.

I quickly unlocked my phone and called Peter, I slowly sat down on the creaky bed as my head spun. "Roman, where the fuck are you?" Peter answered, I had never been so relieved to hear his voice before.

"I'm sending you my location now, are you okay?" I asked as I put him on speaker and navigated into my messages and sent him my location.

"You're on the other side of town, how the fuck did you get there?" He asked as I felt a wave of nausea come over me.

"I'll phone you back." I managed to mutter before I hurried into the bathroom and proceeded to be sick in the toilet. I slowly moved away from the bowl then and leaned my back against the bathtub as I surveyed my arms again. The stinging wasn't subsiding at all, if anything it was just getting worse, I eventually just rolled my sleeves down and tried to push the stinging from my mind.

I leaned my head in my hands then as I tried to remember anything from the night before, but everything after the bar was a complete and utter blank. My phone buzzed then, it was a message from Peter asking me what room I was in, shit if I knew. I stood dizzily and walked over to the door and opened it revealing a crooked number 13. I rolled my eyes as I texted it through to him and slowly leaned against the frame as I waited for him, I could not remember the last time I had felt this shit.

I heard a car approach then and stepped out slowly to see the Mercedes pull up quickly. Peter jumped out and hurried over, he stopped in his tracks when he saw the state that I was in.

"Jesus Roman, what the fuck happened?" He asked softly as he walked over to my side.

"I have no fucking clue." I sighed as he peered into the room before he walked in and surveyed the bloody mess.