Labywrith

Drake walked along the tunnel. It was dark, and soon Drake was leaving all sources of light behind him. Oddly, Drake felt he liked the dark. He'd never felt any ill will toward it, even though his old friends were always cautious in the dark. Drake found it comforting, like an old friend welcoming him home. As he went deeper, he began to wonder if there even was an exit. Who knew where this tunnel led? Before long, Drake realized he wasn't in some random matennce tunnel. The stone was ancient, similar to the Catacombs, and the tunnel split multiple times, headed in separate directions. It was so absurd. So....strange he would end up here. "Its a maze." Drake whispered, laughing. "I'm literally trapped in a maze." Drake reached out and touched the wall to his left, letting his hand run along the wall as he walked. As we walked, he suddenly realized... "I can see." Drake stopped, confused. Logic told him he shouldn't able to see the tunnel like this-he's been walking away from the light and now should be in complete darkness. Yet he could still see the tunnel. Drake squinted at the stone, wondering if it was illuminating the tunnel somehow. No light shone from the stones, and they weren't glowing either. Drake stood, frowning. "Ok, that's weird." He'd never been able to see so clearly in the dark before. Shaking his head to clear it, Drake began to move forward again. Soon he came to a crossroads. Pausing, Drake looked straight ahead. Then to his left, then to his right. All paths seemed the same, so Drake chose at random. He turned left. Before long, Drake had lost all sense of direction. He'd go left, then right, then left again. It didn't really matter. He already knew he was never coming out. Not anytime soon, anyway. What was the point of even trying to find the exit? He really didn't feel like going back to his old home, his old life, when everything was....normal? Ha, well, who would have thought he would one day look back at all those times being chased by mersionarries and Him as normal? Then again, for him, it was. Even back then, he'd never wished for those days before Herobrine, although Grayson seemed too. Armen hadn't either, but then again, he didn't have a memory back then. Now he does, where ever he is. Drake hoped Armen's spirit was finally at peace, freed from Herobrine. Perhaps he had even been reunited with his family, his parents and Collin. The thought makes Drake smile, even if it meant that family didn't include him. As long as Armen was happy. Drake hoped Grayson would find his own happiness as well. Hatch his Dragon Egg and bring down The Empire. Avenge his wife and son, and maybe one day meeting them again in spirit. "Hopefully they'll both forget me." Drake muttered, looking down another tunnel. "I've caused them enough trouble." Would Herobrine leave Grayson alone, now that Drake was no longer traveling with him? Drake hoped so. And Armen was out of his reach, finally. Drake paused, closing his eyes. Yes, they'll both be ok. That's all Drake could hope for. Drake was so lost in thought, he didn't see the young girl with brown hair watching him from the tunnel. "Hello? Mister?" Drake started, looking back at her. She was young, only a child, with brown shoulder-length hair and big green eyes. She wore a faded brown T-shirt and blue jeans. She held a torch in her hand. The light hurt Drake's eyes after being in the dark for so long. With a start, Drake realized he didn't even know how long he'd been in the tunnel. It could have been a few days to a few months. She hesitated, her eyes widening as she saw Drake clearly for the first time. Drake flinched, remembering how freakish he looked to normal people. Instead, she broke into a smile. "Oh, you must be one of dad's people!" She exclaimed. She ran right up to Drake and gazed up at him. Drake stared at her, confused. What? The poor child has obviously mistaken Drake for someone else. And how on earth had she gotten down here in the first place? She was fairly dirty, indicating she'd been down here for a while.  "Well, come on!" She exclaimed, taking Drake's hand and leading him down the tunnel. Drake followed, feeling more and more confused. The child led Drake to a small room. Opening the doors, she gestured for him to enter. Drake did, looking around the small room. There was an old bed in the corner, a rickety old dresser beside it, and a faded blue rug on the floor. Torches on the wall lit up the space.  "Welcome to my home!" The girl announced, moving to stand beside Drake. "This is very nice." Drake told her. And it was. Despite the items obviously being very old, the place had a very nice feel to it. Drake turned his gaze to the little girl. "What's your name?" He asked her. She blinked at him. "Oh, did they not tell you? It's Thalia." Drake frowned slightly. Who is they? Thalia moved past him, headed towards the bed. She sat down on it. Drake, taking the cue, sat on the rug. Perhaps he could get some clues as to how she got down there. 

Author's Note:

Hi, Sorry this took so long to upload. My internet is down at the moment, and I don't often have time to go to places with free internet like the library. Don't worry, i'm still alive. It just may take me a while to upload more parts for now. Also, As I continue to write this book, I may go back and make changes to my previous parts, Maybe adding in new details or editing out some parts, or maybe just fixing some grammar or punctuation problems. This is going to be true in my other books as well.