XXVI.REAL LIFE

Start from the beginning

"Don't mind about it, Saya-san." Irina spoke as she inspects the white wedding gown that Sumire was currently wearing -turning her time to time-, searching for any flaw that the gown might have.

"I don't what to hear it from you, Irina-chan." Saya pointed at Irina and asks, "How long it has been since you have a boyfriend? Is it five or six years?"

"It only has been four years, Saya-san." Irina simply answered while putting the veil on top of Sumire.

"Then get married already!"

Sumire let out a soft chuckle, "We can't force them, especially there's an Olympics upcoming." Sumire looked at the mirror and saw herself wearing the wedding gown and twirled around to show off. Irina eyes sparkled and mouthed, "Beautiful" to Sumire.

Visuals... Kurosawa's genes are too beautiful for this world.

"Oh yeah," Saya put down her finger and looked at girl who is currently occupied by her cellphone, probably playing a video game in it. "Speaking of the Olympics, what-"

Saya was interrupted with the loud sound of the door, opening. All heads turned at the unexpected visitor, including Maiyu which resulted to losing her game.

"Really..." Maiyu clicked her tongue as she gazed back into her cellphone and restarts her game.

"HELP ME!" Eri shouted from the doorway. She looked behind her back then at the people inside the room, multiple times. Her odd behavior screams "as if there was someone following her".

Sumire narrowed her eyes to the second oldest, who seems panting heavily, chest heaving up and down, breathing as much air as she can with her hair disheveled.

"Calm down," Saya said as she walked towards Eri, holding her in the shoulders, creating an eye contact. "What happened."

"I'm going to be killed. No, I'm going to die." Eri muttered under her breath as she frantically closed the door behind her, locking it.

Sumire put her index finger on her lips and questions, "Did something happen between you and Rie?" she asks, her gaze fixed on her sister's.

"Huh? What?"

Sumire let out a sigh before speaking, "Let me rephrase that. Did you do something that concerns Rie?"

Even before can Eri answer, a loud banging was heard, coming from the double wooden door.

"Onee-chan... Come out... I won't hurt you." Rie's sweet yet sickening voice was heard. Where's the lil' mochi?

Never in Eri's life she was called 'Onee-chan' by Rie, and it creep her out.

"NEE-SAN!" Eri exclaimed as she run towards her eldest sister, hiding behind her, using the white gown to cover her up. She poked her head and looked up, meeting her sister's questioning gaze. Eri just let out a small and forced smile.

The loud banging of the door suddenly stopped, and then a long silence followed with suspense filled the air throughout the room. It made Eri feel like she was suffocating, waiting for whatever kind of hell will happen.

The silence was broken by a click from the door, symbolizing that the door was unlocked. Heads were turned -excluding Maiyu who is still busy in her game of hers-, darkness was the only thing the saw and the shadow that looms behind the door.

Eri gulped.

The door made a sound as it creaked while being slowly opened. Once the door was completely opened, it revealed Rie, who had her head tilted at the side while staring at the no one in particular. Her mouth twitched upward, forming a smile.