chapter one; "i 'ant pancakes!"

i promise to not make this suck so bad haha (:

-

"mummy!" a very happy and very content five year old harry says as he wraps his arms around his mother. anne gives his baby a smile as he scoops him up setting a kiss on his cheek, a mark of red lipstick left on his side as he is put back down.

"how was playing with liam?" she asks harry pinching his cheek as he wipes off the remains of her lipstick. harry giggles as he brings his arm up to show his mummy his new 'tattoo'.

"he 'ad a power 'angers and he 'ave me one!" he squeals excitedly as he looks at his hand constantly hoping that the image of the red power ranger wouldn't disappear. anne gasps, telling his son that she loved it but made him promise to not get a real one until he was eighteen.

"i powomise," harry says having a hard time pronouncing the word. she smiles reaching for his hand as they start the walk back to their house.

the entire walk was a total of twenty minutes, but with harry's blabbering about his obsession with power rangers , the walk felt shorter to anne. she just loved hearing her son talk and talk and talk. he was quite talkative, and she really loved that about him.

"mummy, i hungry," harry pouts as they enter the small apartment complex. she sighs hoping he would have brought it up sooner. there was absolutely no food in the fridge to possibly make for her tiny harry, but she didn't want harry to sleep with an empty stomach.

she checked the time on her phone realizing it was just seven o'clock. there was still an hour left before harry would need to be in bed for school the next day. she grabbed her keys, "let's go get food for your tummy then yeah?"

"Yay!" he cheered jumping off his seat on the couch running out the door excitedly. but his quick moves made him trip over his small little feet landing with a thud on the ground.

"ouch," he whined almost in tears as he feels the pain on his bum, "i 'urt my 'ooshie."

anne frowns, "that's why we don't run harry baby, it's going to be okay." she helps him up a hand connected with his as she brings him up. he furrows his eyebrows and crosses his arms stomping his tiny feet down the hallway towards the elevator.

"where do you want to eat?" anne asks as she presses the down button to call for the elevator. harry's eyes light up immediately at the mention of food as he thinks of all the possibilities.

mcdonalds? no, he didn't like their chicken nuggets. pizza? he was not feeling it. ihop? maybe.... he could just get pancakes.

his eyes light up even more at the thought of breakfast for dinner. he was almost sure that he wanted to eat pancakes.

"i 'ant 'ancakes!" he shouts as they enter the elevator. a couple smiled at the two as they pressed the lobby, anne gave them a warm smile in return.

"are you sure baby?" she asks.

harry nods enthusiastically, "ihop! ihop! ihop!"

he continued to chant all the way down, anne giving him a warning look as to be aware of other people. he was still on the road to learn manners but obviously had not mastered all of it yet.

"sorry miss and mr," he says sheepishly as they exit into the lobby. the couple nod, not bothered by him at all. in fact, they thought he was rather cute with those big emerald eyes and brown straight hair that would later become the big fluffy and mop of curls later on in life.