Heartbreaks & Love.

Start from the beginning

Si Marydale toh noh? She's strong and she doesn't depend on guys too much for God's sake.

"Gago."

She whispered.

This time, she shouted the word loudly for everyone to hear, and Ivan turned around immediately. He was shocked, as she pushed Cath off of him. As Ivan faces Marydale, an apologetic expression suddenly was written all over his face, he then held both her arms for her to not leave.

"I can explain."

The statement made her stare at him in disbelief, "Anong explain? Wala na. Tapos na tapos na no. Kitang-kita ko na. Gagawin mo pa talaga akong tanga ha?!"

Marydale turned her back towards them, leaving Ivan and her girl in complete embarrassment. She then made her way outside the bar, as she searches for a spot where no one could see her. Fortunately, she was able to have found an alleyway that wasn't too creepy, yet she still feel safe. There, she cried her heart out. What hurt her more was that she saw the proof. At first, she didn't want to believe what others have told her that Ivan was a playboy. Still, she followed her heart and trusted her instinct that he was different.

And she was wrong.

Marydale crouched down, leaning on the brick wall, as she covers her faces and to stop herself from crying. She was both angry at herself and Ivan and at the same time, feels pain after what she has seen. What hurt more was seeing Ivan smile with another girl, something she has not seen in him for a long time. She continued to cry, tears rolling down her face – without knowing it, there was someone who's actually seeing all this happen.

"Uhm, are you – uhh – okay? All along it was Edward who has been watching her – not knowing what to do next.

Marydale looked up and saw Edward. Much to her surprise, she got embarrassed and quickly stood up to face him properly.

"Ay. Sorry." Marydale wiped her tears, as she tried to give him a smile even if it's difficult to do so.

They rode in silence for a few minutes until finally Edward had the courage to speak up.

"Are you okay? I feel like you need someone to talk to, I can listen to you if you want."

Pakshet naman oh, nag-eemote ako dito tapos englisher pa tong kaharap ko.

"Ayoko nga, English ka eh." Marydale said, in which she thought only her was able to hear it.

"I can understand Filipino." Edward smiled.

SHET.

Marydale laughed nervously, as Edward just stared at her, concern all over his face. He saw how puffy the girl's eyes were and sadness was evident on the way she speaks. For Edward, it was weird to feel this way since he has never met the girl before. The funny thing was although she was a stranger, why does he have the urge to comfort and care for her? That's so unlike Edward.

Edward wasn't a type of guy that would bring girls to places on their first meeting. Edward did things slowly but surely – it has always been about thinking things through before doing. For him, it is important to undergo a process before finally making things happen. But tonight was an exception. As much as he wanted to stop himself from these next words, his heart betrayed him.

"Do you want to go some place else?"

Marydale wasn't the type of girl that could easily be taken by some guy she just met. She liked to take things slowly but surely. Despite her strong and fierce attitude, she still considers herself as a 'dalagang Filipina'. However, the question that Edward had asked her is quite too tempting tonight.