Heartbreaks & Love.

Well who would have thought that he would end up here right at this very moment?

Edward was expecting it to be just a normal night, staying home and playing video games when Donny successfully forced him onto attending this party. For Edward – he would call it 'stupid' not because he doesn't like parties but the mere fact that he's seeing his ex-girlfriend sucking faces with her new man right in front of his very eyes. Ever since the break up, Donny has been taking him to every party, hoping that Edward would meet "new" people and wish that he could get back to his old self. However, despite the efforts, Edward just can't seem to forget her.

Her.

Ashley.

Was Edward's main source of happiness in almost his entire college years, and now known as the bitch, who broke up his heart. He knew he loved Ashley the very first time he met her in orientation week since they were both Film majors. What made him fall in love with her was because of her aura. She was free spirited, independent and beautiful. She was everything that Edward is not, in which he knew that she was the kind of girl he needed in his life. She wasn't perfect as she had a reputation - a reputation that she would break hearts. Edward knew that this wasn't just an infatuation as he believes that there is more to her than meets the eye. In their sophomore year, Edward got the chance to know her even more, they were almost all their classes were the same, plus the fact that they got along made them closer to the point that Edward wouldn't want to waste the opportunity. On the same year, he confessed his love to her and she said yes.

"Edward, you've been standing on the same spot for the past half hour, staring at your ex with her new guy. Come on, it's been a month. Isn't it about time to move on?" Donny said as he hands him another bottle of beer, finally disrupting his train of thoughts.

"Tell me. You think Paul is better than me?" Edward could not erase the moment when Ashley ended the relationship. It wasn't just simply a break up because she stated her reasons – Ashley declared that she has found someone new and better, 'not someone who's plain and boring like Edward' to be exact and that shattered Edward's heart into pieces.

Donny heaves a sigh, "Wake up, Edward! You have done nothing wrong. If she doesn't appreciate you then, it's her loss. Think about the whole time you were with her. Were you able to feel loved by Ashley? Don't get me started with the whole "physical" love, cos everyone knows that Ashley isn't embarrassed for a full on PDA. Cos from my point of view, something went wrong and I know it isn't on your part"

He then turns to Edward again, "What I meant was - did you feel any emotional love from her? Like, did she even reciprocate the amount of emotional love you gave her? Think about it. Maybe she isn't the girl you were looking for after all."

Donny was right, Edward thought. In the duration of their relationship, he felt that there was lacking there of, a sort of lack in emotional attachment on Ashley's part towards Edward.

Funny, huh?

Memories of Ashley and Edward came flashing his mind, and it made his heart hurt even more.

Maybe I was just too blind to see it that time, he thought.

---

Marydale, on the other hand, is having a not-so-wonderful time as she caught her boyfriend, Ivan, cheating on her. Right in front of her eyes was Ivan, with his girl, Cath, sitting on his lap. They were acting all mushy as if no one was watching, and that signalled her to make her way towards them. She was on the verge of tears as she was walking up to them, and so she took a deep breath to kept it all in. She had to control her emotions. Besides, she wouldn't want her peers think that she's weak.