Feelings.

"Edward, sumagot ka naman please." I told myself after sending him I-don't-know-how-many text messages already. It's been four days that we haven't talked nor saw each other after that small fight -- that misunderstanding. 

Flashback.

Nikko parked his car right in front of my condominium. 

"Uy salamat Nikko ha. Bukas oks na ako, gawa na kotse ko kaya di na mauulit to. Layo rin ng bahay mo kaya." 

"No worries, Maymay. It's the least I could do. You've been working hard, nag-oover time ka pa. Mahirap din mag-commute lalo ng gabi na." Nikko and I went in the same university, which is why we're close. We would always him in our gatherings kaya close friend na rin talaga siya. This explains why we have a lot of mutual friends. He has always been a nice guy. Even after he confessed to me after the recent reunion two weeks ago, he never changed. Nikko has always been so good to me, sobrang sweet and thoughtful talaga, however, I don't really see him that way. All I could offer him was friendship. Yes, Edward knows him but never really liked him. He would always say, "May, chickboy siya", "May, he's arrogant, he was showing off his car kanina o", and other stuff like that. I know Edward was just being protective, I mean he is my best friend after all. Pero nakakairita na ganun siya, di dapat siya ganun. I'm sure if Edward finds out that Nikko drove me home, maraming sasabihin yun. But knowing myself, matigas ulo ko. As long as I know that I'm not doing anything wrong and sa totoo lang, walang malisya ang paghatid, gagawin at gagawin ko pa rin.

"Sige Nikko. Thank you, see you tomorrow." I got off his car and stood beside it. I waved goodbye as he leaves.

As I make my way into the entrance, I heard a voice calling my name. It's Edward.

"May, sino yun?" He was curious.

"Uy. Akala ko ba gagabihin ka." 

"Nah, I was able to finish the draft early. Pero, sino nga yun, May?" Typical Edward. He has always been like this. What's a good term for it...chismoso? I could hear his voice with a tone of annoyance.

"Wala yun. Si Nikko, nag-offer ng ride pauwi. Choosy pa ba ako." I told him as if it wasn't a big deal.

Irritation was written all over his face. I know that he would scold me.

"May, di ba I told you?! I know the guyy! Even Marco and Yong know all about him. Chickboy yun! The guy likes you, you have to be careful! I don't want you to cry over that guy someday. He's not worth it!! Mayabang pa, di ba nga one time --- "

I've had enough, I wouldn't allow him to get mad at me for no reason. I had to say something. He needed to know what I was feeling. He needed to know that there was nothing wrong with Nikko's gestures. It's not like I like him back. 

"Ano naman?! Wala namang masama yun! Ang bait na nga nung tao tapos gagawan mo ng storya. Aba, mali na yan Edwardo!" I screamed at him. There was no way that I would allow myself to be controlled by him again especially about Nikko.  Okay, so I was annoyed that I was able to scream at him like that. But knowing after my want, I'm sure he would get mad at me even more for shouting at him so I tried to calm myself. "Pagod at gutom lang siguro ako, sorry na. Sabay na tayo kumain sa taas, kung gusto mo". I looked his way and saw Edward looking at the ground. Siguro pigil na pigil na to.

"No I'm not hungry. I'll go na. Sorry rin. Good night, May." And with that, he left without looking at me. I wanted to stop him and tell him what I really feel. No Edward, I don't like him. Wag kang mag-alala, kasi ikaw lang. Ikaw lang talaga.

Kung alam mo lang.

End of flashback.

It was the last Friday of the month and usually, the whole barkada would meet in Vivoree's restaurant for a get-together. This was a barkada promise so that we wouldn't lose contact of one another. Maganda nga eh, sobrang saya lagi. Maraming chismis, kwentuhan at iba pa. The members of the "Artsies" barkada consists of  Marco, Edward, Vivoree, Fenech, Yong and Aizan. We all met in the same university and all were part of the Arts department.