I miss you.

"Nah I'll pass for today. I can't go out. Uh, next time, for sure." I told my friend on the phone.

Usually, at this time, my friends and I would play football at the park. But today was different, I didn't really feel like doing anything. I feel like there is a part of me missing. I mean, I live in Germany my whole life. This is my place, my home. I shouldn't be feeling homesick, right? 

Edward, what's wrong with you?

Last year, my parents told me to continue my studies in the Philippines as they wanted me to learn more about my Filipino roots. They wanted me to learn Filipino and all. Of course, after hearing that, I was definitely upset. It meant that I had to leave my family, my friends. Basically, my parents were asking me to leave my life. This meant that I had to start all over again. It was frustrating. However, I couldn't do anything about it. They are my parents and as a sixteen year old guy, all I could do was to follow. But now is a different story. I am staying in Germany for the summer and I'm already missing Philippines. I am missing someone. I am missing her. 

I decided to open my Instagram to put aside the boredom and weirdness I was feeling today.

First, I saw a picture of Marco, a classmate of mine in the Philippines. He was all smiles as he posed with a horse in this place called Tagaytay, which I haven't visited. Okay, like.

Scrolls.

I continued to browse through my Instagram feed but then stopped when I saw her new update. She was the reason why I was feeling lonely today. Her new post was an image of her with two of 'our' classmates in a famous amusement park in the Philippines. I really wanted to go there but apparently I didn't really get the chance to. I sighed. The reason why I sighed was not because of not being able to go to that place. The reason was because of her. Seeing her smile made me miss her more. 

Her. She was the reason I adjusted right away in the Philippines. She taught me Filipino. She made me laugh like there was no tomorrow.  She is a good friend. All I can say is, Maymay is one of a kind. Hay Edward, kire. I thought.

I  then decided to leave a comment.

I typed. Uy, you guys went without me? Ano ba yan???  Should I add an emoji? Hmm.

Uhm, Edward, why are you even overthinking? I decided to put a poop emoji and a laugh emoticon. Just to be safe. I didn't want her to think that I was serious. Sent.

To be honest, I was seriously jealous. I really wanted to go to that place. With her. It's always a blast with Maymay.

We usually just send each other messages, which is why I wouldn't expect that I get a reply. Typical Maym- . But today was 'definitely' different. I then saw the red dot on my notification. It was a reply from her.

 I read her comment. 

Uwi ka na kasi. 

My heart started to beat so fast. It definitely put a smile on my face. Yes Maymay, if only I could fast forward the days. If only I could force my mom to go back to the Philippines tomorrow, right away. I would. But in reality, I couldn't. I had to wait till June. I sighed. 

Instead of replying on Instagram, I called her on Viber. I missed hearing her voice and I believe that now is the right time to call as she was online. 

"Edwardo!" She shouted. "Uwi ka na! Babalik tayo dito pag-uwi mo! May discount kami for next time." I heard her giggle through the phone. 

"Oh talaga? I can't wait. Uy, wait for me ha. I better be there when you back to that place". I answered.

"Aba, syempre naman! O sige, matutulog na ako! Gabi na rin dito. Sige na, good ni-"

I couldn't contain myself anymore. The words just came out from my mouth without any hesitation. I know this would weird her out. I know it. Typical Maymay would be surprised when she hears it. I mean, I'm a just a friend. Only a friend. A guy friend. Knowing how Maymay considers herself as a 'dalagang Filipina' -  that's what she calls it, she would probably just laugh it off. Or not react at all. Definitely, she would make fun of me. But I can't keep it to myself anymore. The loneliness was killing me. I needed to tell her at least.

"Maymay."

"Ano, Edwardo?" 

"I miss you."

*The latest IG serye inspired me to do this oneshot. It's not perfect but I just had to write my thoughts into words. Haha. Hope you enjoyed it!*