Beach Please Part 2

After they have taken their lunch the seniors gathered the first years by the beach for some games. The freshmen are asked to group themselves by 8 which will be their permanent team throughout the trip. As expected Kongpob and their friends group up together with one of their classmate.

    The first activity is simple; each team will appoint a representative which will be blindfolded and spun around ten times before trying to smash the watermelon a few meters in front of them with a wooden bat. if the first person failed to hit the watermelon then another member should replace them. The members are responsible for directing their teammate in the right direction of the watermelon.

    They decide to put Aim first because of his built. Kongpob thinks his best friend will hit the watermelon with ease but when Aim takes his first step right after they spin him around ten times his best friend plunges right into the sand.

    His stomach hurt from laughing; Aim is still flailing because he can’t get up on his own so Tew and the rest help him as they laugh. The other team’s representatives are already struggling to walk towards the watermelon as their teammates shout directions.

    The moment Aim gets to his feet he starts to walk on the opposite direction.

    “Turn around!” Kongpob and his friends shout. “The other way, Aim!”

    Aim seem to get the gist so he turns around and starts walking again.

    “I feel dizzy!” shouts Aim.

    “Go to your right!”

    Aim is close to the target already. Some teams have already changed members since they failed on their first try.

    “Go straight then hit it –

    “No! Go a little to your right –

    “A little bit more!”

    Aim swings his bat and misses. The team groans but they move fast. Maprang takes off Aim’s blindfold and they all go back to the starting point. She puts the blindfold on Kongpob and they spin him around ten times.

    He’s dizzy. Kongpob can hear his friend’s voice giving him directions; left then right, straight ahead, walk. His legs feel like jelly and he’s using the bat as a crutch to walk. In the midst of his team shouting directions Kongpob can hear a familiar laugh which makes him laugh himself. He’s pretty sure his boyfriend is filming him right now.

    His team’s shouting is getting louder which means he’s getting close to the target. But then Kongpob hears cheering from his left and groaning from his team. Someone takes off his blindfold and notices that one of the other team already won.

    “Well that means we can eat the watermelon then.” he just smiles. Kongpob knows this is not about winning; they’re here to bond and relax.

    They congratulate their classmates for winning. The losing teams need to crawl under the winning team’s opened legs.

    The losers all fall on their knees and start to crawl; some of the members of the winning team start patting people’s butts which earns laughs from their classmates. When it’s Kongpob’s turn to crawl he looks his boyfriend in the eyes and winks just to tease him. Arthit then flushes and avoids eye contact.

    Their next game is a mummy game; they have to wrap one of their teammates in tissue and whoever finishes first wins. They all agree to make Oak the mummy because he seem to be the easiest to wrap with tissue, and Maprang refuses to be wrapped around with anything but silk.