future- vincent

"I cannot believe this." Vincent looks down at the lifeless girl sprawled out on his bed. "You cursed this girl to a wretched future, all to prove a point."

"Not to prove a point Vincent, but to prove your loyalty. By giving me a new capable and loyal vampire, you show your support towards my family's cause."  Klaus brushes more paint onto the canvas and in disbelieve, Vincent sits down next to the dead girl. 

"You know Klaus, I hate to be the bearer of bad realities, but do you notice how profoundly insane this is ?"  

Vincent takes in the features of the girl. She's young, in her early twenties it seems. Her face was sharpened by carved cheekbones. Her hands look so soft as they lay lifeless at her sides. The flesh of her neck stretched, showing the wound that killed her.  She is such a simple form of beauty. Something so natural, but heavenly in its sorts. She is the type of girl he would normally find himself attracted to. Although usually, he'd prefer her to be more alive. 

Klaus robbed her of a future. He robbed her of everything. 

"Ah well, insanity is a virtue, Vincent.  Now, be a lamb and tend to her while I go see Elijah. Keep in mind that her transition will only worsen if you try to play savior." He tosses a blood bag onto the bed and smiles before leaving. 

The room is still and the air is thick. So many questions are running through his head. Would this girl do what it takes to follow Klaus' plan? Would he force if she didn't? How exactly would all of this end? Vincent is just a witch though and he couldn't tell the future. No one could, but she would definitely define how his would turn out.

...

A year later. 

"Breathe." Vincent's voice is soft and guiding. His hands slide down her arms and Y/n fights against leaning back. She feels him behind her as he tries to catch her gaze in the mirror. She almost melts in the power of his presence. 

"You know, Vince, breathing isn't going to do shit if you keep tempting me like that." Vincent laughs as he finally gets her to look at him. A sweet gesture of a smile plays with the simple emotion of Y/n's lips. Lips that seem to look so alluring painted with a gentle shade of red. 

"You need to do this, they need to know." Y/n turns to face the witch and her hands slide onto the ends of his jacket, so naturally. He feels her fingertips playing with the treads of the old hems. 

Mentally he's already prepared for what her reply would be, but something crashes every time she recites that same little lie. Like he can't see it. The hurt in her eyes whenever she stares back at the reflection in the mirror. Or when she has to swallow down the same thing that created what she is today. He sees the way her arms grasp onto any part of him like he's all there is. But more than that, he hears it. The whispers of her tears when she thinks he's asleep. 

She can't truly escape what she turned into. Not a monster, but rather a shadow of her human self. A shell of all she used to know. She escaped Klaus and she ran from Elijah, but she can't escape herself. And so she found a different form of who she is. She found a longing towards the peace Vincent provided, towards safety. She latched onto him like she was drowning and he was her first breath of oxygen. 

"Breathe." She smiles, unknowingly pulling him closer. Her strength outweighed his, but even if it didn't, he wouldn't exactly fight against her showing him affection. Her hands move upwards to his chest and his heartbeat stirs under her touch. 

"Now who's being a tease, huh ?" Vincent grips onto her arms and a nostalgic feeling paces over him.  A glimpse of who Y/n really is. 

"I don't think I can do this, Vince."  Her skin hums under the delicate sensation of flesh against flesh.

"But I do. You are a badass now." He leans in and his lips subtly brush against hers, but he stops. "You can do anything, even without me here." She groans as the doorbell rings through the house, echoing in her ears. 

They pull away and Y/n turns her head away from him. "This is dinner with my parents, we might not make it through tonight alive." She fixes her dress and hands him his tie from the edge of the bed. "And that was very cheesy, Vincent." He shrugs with a knowing look dancing over his face. 

"It helped, didn't it." Y/n hovers at the door and tilts her head back to nod towards him. 

"It did and I love you for it." She exits the room and her steps click against the stairs. Vincent looks down at the tie in his hand. 

"And I love you miss Griffith, whatever you are."

And he did. Even if what she was going against everything he believed in and even if she was one of the very things he hates. She wasn't different. She wasn't innocent or somehow more human. She was simply herself, unapologetically herself. And it was part of her charming existence. She was Y/n and whether she was sired to Klaus or just another human girl. She was loved by Vincent and that was all the power she could ever need. And all the comfort he could ever provide.