looking for trouble- kol

Y/n sits down on the counter and an irritated sigh vibrates against her lips. Her eyes watch him with interest and she knows it's obvious. Hell, everyone in the room can see she's looking. Everyone except him.

He's not her type at all. He's bad, it's all over him. The way he sips his drink. The way his lips are so heavenly tilted into a seductive smirk. He could be carved from porcelain, doll-like in his glory.

"Don't even think about it," Y/n doesn't even have to look to know the voice belongs to her best friend. Rizi places the empty shot glasses on the counter and looks at her friend. "Y/n, he's trouble, I don't care if he's hot."

Y/n tears her gaze away from the stranger. "He isn't hot Riz, he's like hellfire. And if that's trouble then count me in." She smiles although her friend doesn't share the same expression.

"What's gotten into you, huh?" Rizi swats her with a cloth and Y/n jumps down from the counter, pulling the bottle of whiskey with her. She sets her book down.

"Hold my morals, Riz," She focuses back on the man across the room with a silly little smirk shifted into her lips. "I've got some sketchy shit to do."

She walks fast, gripping the bottle tightly. Clumsy and sexy don't regularly go together. He looks up at her as she sits down in front of him, her legs draped over the chair. "Can I help you, love?"

The accent rolls over his words and Y/n holds back a smile. She opens the bottle of whiskey and fills his glass, all while keeping her eyes strongly locked with his. She leans forward and places the bottle next to his hand. " I'm in the mood for trouble and word around town says that you're it."

"What exactly did you have in mind?" Y/n stiffens as his fingers start trailing over hers. She laughs.

"Not that," She rips her hand from his reach and smiles. "Definitely not that." A frown forms on the corners of Kol's mouth.

"What's your name?"

"Y/n." She plays with the tone of her voice and that in itself causes Kol to smile. He lifts up his hand to call over the waiter.

"Very well Y/n, you asked for trouble and trouble you shall get." Y/n follows Kol out of the bar and she tries to ignore the way Rizi looks at her as she does so. The vampire looks back at her and a venomous little smirk rests on her lips.

That's where their night started, those silly little smirks. It doomed them both.

Four hours later.

Y/n stumbles over the welcome mat and the empty bottle of the Whiskey that Kol stole drops from her hands. She laughs in Kol's arms as he catches her. Her hands cling to the leather of his jacket and he doesn't mind.

The wind swirls in from the open door and she watches in allurement as the breeze trickles Kol's hair into feathers on his forehead. He's a lot different than the stories she has heard. He's dangerous, that much is certainly true, but he's also more than that. He's fun and he's funny and every time he plays with the sound of her name she cringes with delight.

She steps away from him and he smiles knowingly at the way she looks at him, like he can read her mind.

"So, what's your deal, love ?" Kol leans up against the wall behind him and keeps a steady gaze on Y/n. She smiles up at the painting hanging beside his head.

"My deal?" Kol fiddles with the ring on his fingers.

"Yes, we've done more ill-considered things tonight than I've done in my life and I've been here for a long time. Which would be fine, except you don't seem like that type of girl." Y/n scoffs.

"What type of girl is that exactly?"

"The type of girl to lead a man on while she dominates in illegal laser tag." Y/n giggles in emptiness, without thinking. She slides a piece of hair behind her ear.

"You'd be surprised Kol." Her voice is so innocent, unlike the way Kol is looking at her.

"Oh, I'm sure I would be." He's moving towards her and her body freezes. There is flirtation in his eyes. A hunger. A dark longing for something Y/n promised herself she wouldn't give into. He touches her arm and it's electric. Manipulating her way of thinking.

"Kiss me." It's a demand more than a question and he doesn't seem to hover before complying. He moves his hands to the side of her neck and she groans. Her body moves mindlessly, going backwards until they're both against the door. He's teasing her and it forces her to take action, she pulls him by his jacket and connects her lips with his. A euphoric feeling tickling her mouth. Until he pulls away.

He kisses her softly once more and a sly smirk spreads on his reddened lips. Y/n frowns in reply to his abrupt departure from a moment of opulent excitement. "I'm sorry, love. Despite my reputation, I do like my lady friends to be sober when I kiss them." Y/n rolls her eyes as her hands drop to her sides.

"I'll have you know that I am moderately functional." Kol snickers at the belief she seems to have for the words she speaks.

"No, Y/n. You are drunk off of your head," Another frown dances on Y/n's tilted lips, and once again Kol finds himself returning her gesture with a smile. "Besides, I consider this payback for your little show at the pub."

Y/n opens the door of her apartment and then turns back to Kol. "Well, that is cruel and disappointing. I ask for the wolf and I get a puppy instead." Y/n walks through the arch and watches as Kol stands completely still.

"You're different Y/n and I meant it when I said this isn't who you are," Kol reaches down and yanks a flower from the pot plant next to Y/n's welcome mat. "So I'd like to take you on a date worthy of your time, maybe even something romantic and less tempting."

"But that's not who you are." Kol turns the flower in his hand and extends his hand for Y/n to take it. She smiles as she looks down at the petals.

"I know," He shrugs. "But I have this feeling that you'd be worth changing for," He turns to leave. "Even if only for a little while."

Y/n closes the door behind her and slides down the cold wood. Kol might be trying to play it safe, but she was definitely in trouble.