Touya Todoroki ღ Dabi {1}

Requested by: Mina_3005

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Go quickly, before I change my mind."

Surveying your immediate surroundings, hoping none of your co-conspirators were bearing witness to this unwarranted act of compassion, you shooed the student off. Initially, they had been perplexed, but soon gathered enough tact to simply flee the scene. Feeling like a burden had fallen from your shoulders, you released a heavy breath.

You pivoted slightly, endeavouring to abandon the expanse. Yet, a disapproving glare caused your entire body to shiver and become rooted to the spot.

You had been spotted by the very worst individual.

A malicious glint veiled his normally placid turquoise eyes, endowing a sense of dominance and leadership, thus eliciting a mild terror from you. Absentmindedly, you allowed a rather conspicuous gulping sound to escape your throat.

You were so dead.

--

"Well that failed. Miserably."

"Thank you, Twice – I'm certain none of us noticed before now."

Guilt and regret, mixed with an assortment of uglier emotions, jumbled around inside your head viciously. You attempted to gauge Dabi's spirits, but his expression remained monotonous. He refused to so much as glance in your general direction for the duration of the conversation. If you hadn't been biting back so many nerves, you might have thought his actions incredibly petty.

A despondent breath abandoned your throat, alerting the others to your foul mood. In unison, they all directed their attention to Dabi, as they had previously borne witness to you in a similar state, due to his miscalculations. However, the charred figure declined to adhere to their gazes.

Acknowledging their powerlessness in this particular situation, they mouthed silent words of comfort, before departing. Despite being villains, they were quite sweet, and you felt eternally lucky to have them by your side.

Gathering up what little courage you could muster, you muttered, "I'm sorry about the mission. I jus-"

"We lost because you're too soft. Sparing a hero in training? That only gives them more opportunity to take us out." His tone was one of unadulterated disgust, and, although it was calm, it caused you to wince.

Lowering your head, you tried to respond. "I-I know. I'm sorry. It won't happen agai-"

"You're right. Because you're off the team."

Your mind was a kaleidoscope – it spun continuously, with no sign of stopping. It was making you physically sick. This wasn't the desired outcome at all. You had to think fast; it was essential that you devised an acceptable excuse, or something, that would evoke some degree of forgiveness, or at least allow you to stay on the team.

You couldn't afford to lose these people.

Unfortunately, the only words available to you in your time of need were relatively incoherent, and did not match whatever you were attempting to say. Dabi positioned himself comfortably against the wall, watching your mouth open and close like a fish.

After a few more torturous moments, he played with a thoughtful expression.

"Well...I suppose there is something you could do, if you're so very desperate." The malicious glimmer behind his eyes frightened you, but your head bobbed nonetheless.

Smirking, he detached his form from the wall, ambling up to you at a dragged out pace. He knew that your mind would be working a mile a minute, but he gave no pretence of good intentions. Once he was in such proximity that your bodies touched, a satisfying crimson hue crept on to your cheeks.

Gripping your chin, he whispered, "Give me your body." 

[Word Count: 575]