Hitoshi Shinsou

The villains and the heroes are merging

Everything is blurry

Time is standing still

Racing towards the alley, your opponent in tow, a guttural shriek erupted from your lungs, despite the lack of witnesses. Normally, the thrill of being observed enveloped your being, until your one-track mind became distorted even further. The life you led pained the masses, lending you a name worthy of such destruction, such bloodshed.

The sky is switching with the ground

my world is turning upside-down

My sense of judgement seems to be compromised

You're too strong to be denied

A solid, imposing structure blocked your escape – pivoting on your feet, calculating (e/c) orbs gracing over another figure, you willed the apprehension away from your features. To you, his matching hair and eyes blurred together – an indication of how tiresome this had become.

Ooh I'm brainwashed, captivated by the fame

Oh it's taking over me now

Mighty baby, untamed lover

Ooh I'm brainwashed

Lawless violet locks remained suspended from his head, seemingly defying every conventional idea. There was no malicious glint in his stare, although annoyance was bubbling on the surface. When he deemed fit, his silky voice resonated off every nearby wall, hurtling into your earlobes with painful precision.

"Why did you kill that man?" In spite of his calm tone and apparent lax personality, this was still a hero.

He was still your enemy.

Scoffing, your mouth moved of its own volition, oblivious to his power. "Kill him? I merely took back what he stole. His fate was a side effect."

Double - oh who, seven digits

Connect me to you, Sweet Center

Baby-baby, take me with you

Brainwash, brainwash

Raising a comically perplexed brow, he questioned, "Side effect?"

Ensnaring you had been an easy feat – backed up against bricks with nowhere left to run. Your words allowed him to activate his quirk, swiftly causing your defences to shatter, as he continued conversing.

"What happened to you?" Glimpsing an almost veiled patchwork design etched into the skin of your arm, his frown deepened.

"What happened?"

You're speaking, it's so clear

But all the words are hard to hear

And I think I kind of like it that way

Mirror mirror on the wall

Says you'll catch me when I fall

Rather than staring wistfully at your regal features, an expression of mild agony presented itself, although you were none the wiser. The display of guilt and remorse would have torn you apart – Shinsou was always indifferent, always striving for one thing, and one thing only. The wretched feelings welling up inside him created a sickness – something too painful to handle.

Tears pricked at the corners of his eyes, yet he refused to permit their release.

He willed his voice not to break. "Come here."