~ prologue ~

I swung around the corner into the dimly lit alley. The silhouette of my current assignment peeked through the shadows of the tall buildings. Mission accomplished, I thought as the figure creeped out from under the black.

As the light hit his form, my subject's appearance came to view. A wave of familiarity surged through my body, and a gasp escaped from my mouth. Curly hair presented from underneath his hoodie. Under the limited lighting, hazel eyes shined in the darkness. Very few occurances take me by surprise in this threatening industry, but this happened to be one of them.

My astonishment caused me to stumble backwards, slightly tripping over debris from the wreckage. I quickly picked myself up ready for defense.

"This can't be happening," I whispered under my breath, realizing my task wasn't as simple as I once thought.

"So, you've come to kill me, love?" He satirically laughed, causing me to flinch. His eyes glistened brightly, but not in the way I used to know. Those hazel jewels that had once brought me warmth and happiness have now rusted into nothing but cold darkness.

"Most likely, unless you happen to kill me first," I calmly replied, not allowing him the satisfaction of alarming me, "Now the question is, are you?"

"That, love, is debatable"

~

ok so this idea came to me in a dream (literally actually). i spent like hours freaking out over if i should actually go through with this or nah. anyways sophie (angelmouse10) convinced me to. so yea this probably will go absolutely nowhere but we'll see, i guess

~iris