~ 0.4 ~ hopeless hearts ~

1428 days before

June 2, 2010

Age 16

My eyes slowly opened and I was met with the view of an unfamiliar meadow. Ashton peacefully laid next to me, mouth slightly parted. The events from last night groggily found its way into my mind.

After our celebration in the alley, Ashton grabbed my hand and took me to a grassy meadow near the edge of town, neglecting the alcohol and vinyls. After hours of late night conversation, my eyes drooped, and we fell asleep to the sounds of bird chirping echoing through the air. The sky still held its dark hues.

I searched for my phone. Pressing the power button, my eyes widened at the numbers displayed for me.

"Ashton! Ashton! Wake up!" I grabbed his shoulders and hurriedly shook them.

"Shut up, Scarlett," he mumbled.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin! Get the fuck up!" I yelled, getting his attention.

He quickly got on his feet, "What is it?"

"It's 5 am, Ashton. My parents are going to kill me." I panicked.

"They probably didn't even notice you were gone, okay? We'll be back before they even find out you left," he calmly reassured me.

~

Since I had absolutely no idea where we were, I followed Ashton like a puppy. I didn't go exploring through town often, so I didn't have any recollection of many of the streets we went through. The tall buildings flew by me as we rushed to my house, giving me little time to memorize my surroundings.

After 15 minutes of running, my house finally came to view. No lights shone from inside, suggesting that I was safe. Like earlier in the night, the neighborhood remained completely silent.

We slowly and quietly approached the red brick building. I reached in my pocket and clamored for my keys. Inserting one into the small hole, I warily opened the door.

I turned around to face a nervous looking Ashton. His fingers danced with each other as his eyes avoided mine.

"So, I'll see you later?" I asked.

"Um, yea."

Suddenly, a pair of lips pressed to mine. Before I had any time to process, they left almost as quickly as they came.

My lips tingled. My head spun. My fingers trembled. I froze and stared at the boy in front of me. His eyes quickly darted to the floor as blush crept up on his cheek.

"I'm sorry. I just had to," he blurted.

I couldn't seem to come out of my trance as my eyes stayed glued to him. His eyes finally met mine. Before I realized it, he turned his back and dashed off my lawn. The first moments of light peeked out from behind the horizon as he quickly ran down the street.

~

ok sorry this was short I didn't even know what to write until this morning bc writers block

so hemmo-heart gave me the idea so kudos to her thanks c:

song of the chapter is thank you for the venom by my chemical romance aka band I would die for

this story is going to be pretty normal until about 1-2 years later where it gets really really interesting

day 0 is the prologue btw in case you didn't know but there's still 1498 days until then so simmer down

so i casted lights bokan as scarlett but i might change it later. anyways i love her so much and shes so pretty so

thanks to all the people that are reading this! love you

~iris