Chapter 13 : Droplets of Love

Start from the beginning

×××××end of flashback×××××

"May I know why Minnie?"

Jimin's thought of what had happened just now been cut off by Namjoon's repeated questions. He left out a heavy sighed before staring at Namjoon. He didn't know whether he is the right person to tell Namjoon about this but it seems that Yoongi also didn't have any intention to come clean to Namjoon. At least Namjoon need to be told the surface of it.

"Yoongi never celebrated his birthday because...because the day his mom left him was on his 8th birthday..."

Namjoon put his palm on his mouth, shocked to hear the story from Jimin. His eyes started to watery and he clenched his fist feeling devastated.

"Oh no! What had I done Minnie? I had hurt his feeling..."said Namjoon with a shaking voice, in the verge of crying.

Jimin grabbed Namjoon hand immediately and shook his head. "No, Nammie. You didn't know. You didn't hurt his feeling, he just too awkward to tell you..."

"But I had make him sad. It must be painful for him when I suddenly asked about his birthday. Oh God..I'm so stupid Minnie. I should have not done that..."

"It's okay Nammie. It had been 10 years. Yoongi also had forgotten how his mother's looks like. He had moved on and he never had any hopes that his mother will come and see him again..."

Namjoon released a heavy sigh to that. "How cruel is that. I never thought his mother will leave him just like that. I thought his mother had died when he is younger. Oh god! I'm so stupid to ask him to celebrate his birthday with me."

"He'll understand...don't worry..."coaxed Jimin and he knows Yoongi's will.

"His mo-mother never called him?"ask Namjoon with a deep sorrow. He had lost his mother at a younger age too due to cancer. It is a cruel fact that he need to accept for the whole of his life, that he will not having the mother's love while growing up. But to be abandoned by your own mother must be the cruelest thing in this world. Namjoon is wondering how Yoongi's dealt with it for years. It must be too painful to endure, feeling unwanted and unloved by your own mother. What a selfish mother!

Jimin shooked his head at Namjoon's question before answered sadly, "Never..."

**************

~Namjoon POV~

Namjoon watched at the stressed Yoongi in front of him. He can sense that his boyfriend had something bothering him right now. He is aware that these past few days, Yoongi had his mind somewhere else. He didn't even focused in the class (well it is not something weird though since most of the time he never pay any attention to the class), he always daydream and sometimes he don't even listen to what Namjoon said to him, including Jimin and Hoseok.

"Yoongi....?"

Namjoon just look at Yoongi who inhaled the smoke from the cigarrates ignoring Namjoon on his side. He had tried to snatch it from Yoongi before he lighted the cigarrates but the stern and murderous look that Yoongi gaves him make him startled and Namjoon just let Yoongi do whatever he want to do. He quite upset at that but he knows something is wrong with Yoongi so he will let it slide for once. He need to figure out why Yoongi is behaving like that.

"Yoongi...."

Yoongi tilt his head towards Namjoon's worried face. He let out a heavy sighed, feeling sort of guilty, ignoring his boyfriend for a long time eventhough he is the one that dragged Namjoon to come here with him at the rooftop during their lunch break.