chapter 1

I sit in my room. It's dark, I love dark places. Well it's not entirely dark, because on my bedside table is a red light that I have already cut. I take a sip of my tea. Delicious, I love strawberry flavor. So sweet.

I make my homework for the next day. It's not like the teacher is going to ask me if I did my homework. Not only the teacher, it's everyone. I never hit somebody, let alone spoken. If I just look at a person, they just look the other way or look down.

That's why I never speak to a person. And I hink that will never happen. 

Maybe it's because of my ears. They're pointy. Weird. My hair? No I don't think so. Well my hair is black. No really, really black. It's like your looking in the dark.

My fashion sense? I like the colors black and red. If you just look in my room, you see most of all only black or red stuff. I wear other colors too! Like purple or Dark blue...

I stand up. I'm done with my homework. I walk out of my room. I hear my mother in the kitchen. Fish, I love fish! Saliva begins the breed in my mouth. I run down.

Sometimes I count the steps. It is has become a habit. 15, 15 steps. I walk into the kitchen. My mother is the opposite of me. She has long blond hair and sea-blue eyes. I think it's a beautiful color. 

I give her a hug from behind and kiss her neck. I take the scent of her perfume. She smells like strawberries. I smile.

''Hello, most beautiful mom in the world.''

''Hello ugliest daughter in the world.''

They call me wicked, but my mom is far more wicked.

''Give Oscar some food, will ya?''

''I will do everything my mommie aks me''

She laughs:''Really everything.''

''I think I'm beginning to regret''

I grab a can of cat food and put the food in his bowl. At the same time Oscar comes running. 

''You love me Dustin?''

''Yes, why?'

''set the table.''

''Knew it.''

I do as my mom told me. " Oh mum, forgot to mention. I need to go too the store, need to by some cat stuff.''

''First dinner.''

''There's noway I will leave without dinner, and it's fish. If I go now, I won't have dinner.'' I look at Oscar.''You know what I mean.''

After dinner I go too the supermarket. I grab a basket and start to walk towards the animal department. ''Cat food, cat food..'' I grab a few packs.''Oh, I almost forgot, cat litter...''

I was so busy that I did not notice that someone was standing next to me, I bump into that person. It was an old woman. ''Oh, sorry.. I-I didn't notice.'' 

I touch her. But then something strange happened. the woman starts screaming and crying,'' Child of the devil, Child of the devil! The time has come, the end of the world!''

She runs to one of the shopkeepers and starts pulling at his sleeve, and with her other hand she points to me. '' Child of the devil! The child of Satan, his daughter! The daughter of Satan!'' She sits down on her haunches and throws her arms around her.

Then she starts crying and rocking violently. "O Lord save us. Save us from this misery!'

One of the staff comes to me. '' Excuse us, but would you please checkout.'' I look at him flustered.   '' Ah .. y-yeah let's do that ..'' I walk to the cash register while everyone is staring at me. I'll deal as soon as possible so I do not get redder from embarrassment.

When I'm home I tell my mum what happened. I tought she would laugh, but she didn't.

''I knew this day would come.'' She rumbles something but I can't hear. ''Mom.. Mom?''

She looks at me with her eyes wide open.''Is there something Dustin?''

''Uh n-no, but you were scaring me for a second.'' 

I laugh a little insecure and scratch my head.

Mom looks at me.''Hey you know, why won't you try wearing earrings?''

'' Earrings? And my ears?''

My mother looks at me weird. '' What's wrong with your ears? Except that they are sharp.''

'' Well, Mom, that's just it. It makes my ears look more pointed.''

'' Nonsense, I think your ears nice. So fantasy-like.''

I smile. '' You want to trade?''

I lie in my bed. Tomorrow school, I was Really looking forward too it.(who would?)

I feel something moving under my blanket. Then the head of Oscar came. He is a beautiful black cat with yellow eyes. You can watch his eyes for hours. I give him a kiss.'' Sleep well, Os.''