Chapter 4- The Car Ride

Niall and I got in the car and sat in the middle of the car. Liam, Zayn, and Kat sat in the back and Louis was in the front with Harry. I was talking and joking around with the boys. I was surprised because Zayn had actually put his phone away and was talking with us. I heard a familiar beat come on the radio. "Turn it up Louis!" It was "Move Along" by The All American Rejects. I started singing along with it when it  got to the chorus I began singing " When all you gotta keep is strong Mow the lawn, mow the lawn like I know you do, and even when your hope is gone mow the lawn, mow the lawn just to make it through" I knew they weren't the right lyrics.

"You do know that those are the wrong lyrics, right?" Louis said. 

"Yeah, I know they aren't the right lyrics"

I finished singing the song and opened my eyes. All the boys had their mouths open. Did I mention that I close my eyes when I sing? Well, now you know.

"What? What did I do?" I asked them.

"You're really good at singing," Louis finally said, breaking the awkward silence. Everyone agreed.

"You have a low voice and it sounds really cool," Liam and Niall said together.

"Thanks," I said, smiling at the ground and blushing. I began telling them the story behind "Mow the lawn". My older sister's boyfriend thought they were singing "Mow the lawn", he didn't know it was actually "Move along", so now we sing "Mow the lawn" just to bug him. They all started laughing.

"So, you guys think I'm good at singing?" I said, smiling shyly and looking at the ground. I knew I was blushing.

"Yeah," They all responded.

"Would you mind if I sang 'One Thing' with Niall?" I asked turning to Niall and smiling.

"No, we don't mind," Everyone except for Louis said.

"I want to sing, too," Louis whined.

"Alright Louis, you can sing your part," I said to Louis, trying to make him happy.

"I'll sing Harry's and Liam's parts, You sing your parts and Zayn's parts, okay Niall?" I said. "I'm being a bit controlling, sorry"

"It's okay," Niall said. I began singing. Once I finished Harry's part I opened my eyes and they were all staring at me again. I thought I heard a cricket chirping, but it might've been my imagination.

" Holy crap. Did you hear her Harry?" Niall said.

"Yeah... she sounded... like me," Harry said, talking slower than he normally does. It took him about 2 minutes just to finish the sentence.

"Okay Niall, It's your turn," I said, turning to face him. He sang Zayn's part. We started singing the chorus, it didn't sound good for the first few seconds but then I adjusted my voice to match Louis' and Niall's. I decided to take over Zayn's part because Niall couldn't really sing with himself. Niall and I sang together in perfect harmony. Louis sang his part like an angel, as always. Once we finished Louis, Liam, Zayn, and Harry all said, "You and Niall sound really good when you harmonize"

"Thanks," I said, looking and the ground and blushing slightly. "We do sound pretty good together, don't we Niall?" I said, still looking at the ground.

"Yes, we do princess, quit looking at the ground, it keeps me from seeing your beautiful face," Niall said.

"Alright," I said, smiling uncontrolably. He had called me beautiful, this really was the best day ever. "Could we sing together in the twitcam tonight?" I asked.

"Yes, that reminds me, Harry we need to stop at the gas station, Kari and I need some snacks for tonight," Niall said to Harry.

"YOU GUYS ARE DOING A TWITCAM?! CAN I BE IN IT?" Louis yelled excitedly.