Chapter 16- Leaving Home for the First Time

Niall's POV

Kari's friend Jake left at about 2am. We still had about an hour left so we turned on a movie, she fell asleep about halfway through it. It's almost time to leave, so I shake her.

"Kari, It's time to wake up, we're leaving," I say in a singsong-y voice. She stirs slightly and flings her arm over, almost hitting me.

"5 more minutes, mom," She says sleepily. I laugh and grab her hands, attempting to pull her out of the bed. She leans back against my pulling so I let go and she goes tumbling backwards onto the floor with a loud 'thunk'. She simply gets back onto the bed and pulls her blanket over her. I sigh and go over and lay down next to her. She looks kind of angry.

"Are ya alright?" I whisper in her ear. I can see the anger slowly leaving her face.

"Yeah, I just hit my head on the bed frame," She says softly, opening her eyes slightly. I pull her into a hug.

"I'm sorry, I figured it was the only way to wake ya up, ya can sleep more on the plane if ya want," I say. She smiles and cuddles into me.

"Do we have any Redbull left?" She asks, yawning. I go to the fridge and bring one back to her.

"Thanks," She says, smiling.

"We really do have to go now, C'mon," I say, offering her my hand. She takes it and gets out of bed.

"Wait, I'm gonna change into my pajamas first," She says, grabbing one of her bags and heading into the bathroom. She comes out 5 minutes later wearing some bright green baggy pajama pants and a tight fitting t-shirt with 'I love you' written across it about 8 times. She smiles and grabs all of her stuff.

"Okay, now I'm ready," She says. I grab my stuff and open the door for her so she can go out. She goes into the hallway and runs into Harry. I close the door and walk over to them. Louis and Zayn walk up behind us. Liam and Kat are already waiting at the end of the hall.

"Everyone ready?" Liam asks. We all nod and he calls security to come get us just in case there are still fans outside. Paul is already in the car when we get there, thankfully there weren't any fans outside. We all get into the car, it's a tight fit with all of our stuff in the car with us. Kari scoots up right next to me and sets her head down on my shoulder. She takes her phone out and starts playing Fruit Ninja. Within about half an hour we're at the airport. Kari looks about ready to pass out from not sleeping, I interlock my fingers with hers, she smiles and leans on me. We walk into the airport and we're the only ones there, that's probably good. We get on the plane and Kari asks if they could play one of her movies on the television they have, they look over at me and I nod at them. She comes back to her seat next to me and sighs.

"They said they'll start it once we're at a safe flying height... I should probably text my mom to let her know that I'm on the plane now," She mumbles, taking out her phone and squinting at the screen. She puts her phone away and rests her head on my shoulder.

"This is the first time I've left home without at least one of my parents," Kari murmurs, shutting her eyes. The seatbelt light comes on so she puts on her seatbelt without opening her eyes and then proceeds to lean on me again. She falls asleep after a few minutes. I shut my eyes and end up falling asleep aswell.

Harry's POV

About 20 minutes into the flight I look over to find that Niall and Kari are already asleep. Kari has her head on Niall's shoulder and Niall's head is on top of hers. I take a picture of them with Instagram and tag Niall in it. The seatbelt sign turns off and the flight attendant comes on the speaker,

"You are now free to roam the cabin," She says in a nice tone. The television turns on and the movie starts. I reach over and shake Niall awake.

"Hey Nialler, you might wanna wake your girlfriend up, her movie is starting," I whisper with a smirk. He shakes Kari and she slowly opens her eyes.