chapter xviii.

Taliya heard a knock at her bed chamber door as she laid in her bed in the centre of the room with the morning sunlight shining upon her

"Come in," she called noticing that her handmaidens had already tended to her by running her bath and laying out her clothes if she decided to leave her chambers. She smiled as she saw her brother opening the door carrying a plate of food.

"I thought you might want this," her brother smiled walked across her chambers as she moved to sit up in bed,

"thank you," she smiled as he sat down at the end of her bed placing the plate of fruit and cooked eggs, 

"how are you?" Jaime asked softly,

"she's moving," Taliya smiled taking his hand and placing it on her stomach,

"she?" he asked raising his eyebrow with a smile on his lips as he looked upon his younger sister. Her hair was still in perfect ringlets falling over her shoulders and her emerald eyes were as still as deep as the oceans in Lannisport and as green as the fields in which the used to play in when they were younger. Her eyes held many deep secrets, but he still loved them as if they were children again.

"Was i wrong the last time?" she spoke as the smile began to fade away as Jaime shook his head,

"no,"

"do you remember-"

"of course i do," the older lannister nodded. The death of their son had happened many moons ago and they had never spoken about it. They had never spoken about the initial feeling of numbness Taliya had felt as her mind had tried shielding her away from the pain of the death of her sons. She had screamed when the news was broke to her. Her sons couldn't have been dead, she was expecting them to just walk through the door with their father after their victory on the battlefield, but they never did. That moment replayed through her mind so many times that in the end she could not remember the truth. She often thought about if she had just begged more their father would not have taken them with her and she would still have her two beautiful boys with her. Her heart was shattered into a thousand pieces and Jaime had not fixed her broken heart. He did not grieve his son as a father and he did not know the extent of Taliya's heartbreak. They had never spoken of it and even after the death of Joffrey, Jaime had no wished to speak a word of it.

"Do you ever get over loosing a child?"

-

🦋
this is so very short and i am sorry, but i am still lacking in motivation to update this story. I have written the last few chapters so i know how it will end but theres about fifteen chapters before then. i am going to try and get them all out before september and my second year of uni, but they will be short and unedited!
Thank you guys all so much for the support as its the only reason i am continuing writing this as i was to finish it for you guys <3

also...
James Frain in The White Queen or Mark Strong in Robin Hood?

for a new face claim for Chrestan Dustin (Taliya's deceased husband)