New Friend

·Collège Françoise Dupont·

Marinette watched as Adrien grabbed his bag and hurried from the classroom. She knew Adrien had a photo shoot right after school and then he had to attend the big unveiling event for Gabriel's newest line of clothing.

She collected her things slowly, sad that she wouldn't be able to go to the unveiling since the event was by invitation only and she didn't have one. It was being broadcast on local television but she wanted to spend time with Adrien. Sure the latest designs Gabriel was releasing would be awesome but spending time with Adrien was better.

Everyone else had left by the time she finished packing or so she thought. Suddenly she heard a noise, a purr? Then felt a soft touch on her shoulder. She turned and found herself face to face with a small creature who looked like Tikki but was definitely more cat-like.

"Ah!" She cried and fell out of her chair as the creature jumped from her shoulder into the air.

"I didn't mean to scare you." The small cat-like Kwami said landing on the table near her bag, "You seemed upset, I was only trying to help."

"W-who are you?!" Marinette replied as she got off the floor and dusted herself off.

"Plagg's the name." He replied before Tikki peeked out of Marinette's bag.

"Plagg!" She checked around before she flew out of the bag and landed next to him, excited to see him. She gave him a hug. After a moment Tikki realized the situation and pulled away, "Why are you not with..." she almost said Adrien but stopped herself just in time, "...Chat Noir?!"

She gave him a knowing look reminding him not to reveal Chat's identity. Marinette stared at the two still confused as they continued their exchange.Plagg was glad Tikki had hugged him before she started asking questions, he had missed her.

"I got bored so I decided to play with Chat's shoelaces. However, I got tired and fell asleep while playing. By the time I woke up, he was gone." Plagg explained careful not to relay any information that might give Adrien away.

Tikki shook her head at Plagg, "You never could resist getting into trouble." She hugged him again glad that it was simply Plagg being Plagg.

Marinette finally recovered and started to connect the dots, "Wait are you Chat Noir's Kwami?!" She asked Plagg a bit loudly.

Plagg held Tikki gently in a hug with a grin, "Yes," Plagg replied as he glanced in Marinette's direction, "It's nice to finally meet you, Marinette!"

Marinette's mouth dropped and her eyes widened as she caught up, "You're telling me, Chat lost you." She said quietly this time.

"Purr-cisely," Plagg replied his grin wide at how quickly Marinette was catching up. He pulled away from Tikki slightly and bobbed next to her.

Marinette rolled her eyes but couldn't help a smile. "Oh, great he makes puns too," she said as she continued to look at the small Kwami known a Plagg.

Plagg gave her a grin, "What you think Chat comes up with ALL of those on his own?!"

Tikki rolled her eyes before she glanced towards the hall worried that someone would hear them or worse see.

"Perhaps we should have this conversation at home Marinette?"

"You're right Tikki," she said realizing she was out in the open with not one but *two* Kwami's. She held her bag open, "Come on you two, get in."

Tikki flew into her bag first and Plagg followed, "Wow you have your own private bag Tikki? I just get carried around with all Chat's school junk."

Marinette giggled, "Well, you can't expect a boy to carry a purse just for you Plagg." She softly chuckled before she closed the bag and grabbed her things running for home.

During her short run home, she had begun to wonder why Plagg had shown himself to her. After all, she could have been anyone.

·Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie·

Once Marinette made it to her room she threw her school supplies on the floor next to her bed and opened the bag so Tikki and Plagg could join her.

Tikki flew out of the bag first and sat on Marinette's bed. Plagg followed but instantly began darting around the room and chewing on things that could be mistaken for food.

"No, don't touch that. Come back here!" Marinette called as she began darting after him trying to stop him to no avail.

"Plagg, stay focused, or there will be no Camembert for you," Tikki ordered for Marinette's sake.

"No Camembert?!" Plagg cried.

Tikki gave a simple nod and Plagg instantly flew to Marinette and sat quietly on her shoulder as if neglected. Instinctively Marinette reached up and scratched his chin.

"So, you like Camembert..." She said softly as she looked over at the sad Kwami, for some reason that seemed relevant but her mind was too overwhelmed to worry about it at the moment. "I can get you some if you answer a few questions first, okay?"

Plagg's ears perked up at that, "What do you want to know, I will tell you anything I can." replied knowing he couldn't reveal Adrien's identity.

Marinette's head was swirling with questions but the one that stuck out the most was, "Plagg, why did you reveal yourself to me?"

"Because you're Ladybug! If I'm not with Chat then the next safest place is with you." Plagg replied in an isn't it obvious tone.

"And how did you know I'm Ladybug?" Marinette asked worried that Chat knew her identity.

"Marinette," Tikki cut in, "remember when you detransformed with Chat Noir while fighting The Dark Owl?"

"Yes, but..." Marinette began but Tikki interrupted again.

"Plagg and I both got to see your true identities." Tikki cut in before Marinette got carried away.
Not that they didn't know already they could sense each other after all but she didn't think she needed to go into that now.

"If you're worried about Chat knowing your identity don't, he's still clueless." Plagg said with a serious amount of annoyance, "I don't get why he can't see it. It's so obvious!" Marinette didn't seem to notice Plagg's irritation on the subject.

"Plagg!" Tikki cried.

Plagg wasn't helping and if he kept talking he was bound to stress Marinette out more over Chat/Adrien. Marinette was no longer surprised that Chat was so obnoxious with this little Kwami kitten constantly around.

"That's a relief." Her mind was still swirling with questions. A sudden thought came to mind, "What if there is an Akuma! Chat can't help me. I will be all alone. I can't face an Akuma alone!"

"Calm down, Marinette everything will be fine. I'm sure we can figure something out." Tikki calmly replied trying to keep Marinette from overreacting.

Marinette nodded, "You're right Tikki, panicking isn't going to help us figure this out."

"Can I have some Camembert now?!" Tikki glared at Plagg.

Marinette decided she could use a moment to herself to process some of what was going on and which questions to focus on next.

"Sure Plagg, I'll go find you some." She replied before heading downstairs.