Hey! I think I have a crush!

Rantarou sighed as he went to another day of school, boarding the crowded public transit. It was always filled to the brim each morning that it was hard to see anyone or anything. Luckily, he always had Kaede on his side due to them being close neighbors and boarding the same stop in the morning.

They were peacefully standing together, due to all the seats being taken. They were just casually talking about school and what will most likely await them today. That is until Kaede's eyes started to travel around the bus out of boredom. "Hey Amami-kun, look over there." Kaede said as she looked over at a certain spot. "Why?" Rantarou asked but she didn't answer. After she continued to refuse to answer him, he eventually followed her gaze. "Oh yeah, I saw him before actually. He ended up forgetting his suit case here and I actually went off to give it back to him. I think he boards from another bus stop in the morning though." Rantarou explained. "Well the bus is starting to clear up and it'll take at least another few minutes before it reaches Saishuu, maybe you should talk to him." Kaede suggested. "Stop, you sound like Ouma." Rantarou responded. "No! I would be talking about.. well.. not so decent things in order to sound like Ouma-kun!" Kaede refuted, her face going a little red just thinking about what Kokichi would say. "You got a point there." Rantarou agreed.

"H-Hey good morning.. It's good to see you here.." Rantarou jumped at the sudden soft voice. He looked over to see Shuuichi. "Good morning Saihara-kun!" Kaede greeted with a smile. "Oh hey good morning Saihara!" Rantarou also greeted. "How are you?" Kaede asked. "I'm fine I guess.." Shuuichi responded. "That's good to hear." Rantarou said with a smile. "And I'm assuming you're doing well too..?" Shuuichi said, looking away with a small smile on his face. "Of course!" Kaede beamed. They exchanged more idle chit chat until the bus reached a stop."Ah, I-I think my stop is here.. i-it was nice talking to you guys.. Farewell.." Shuuichi said politely. "Alright, take care!" Rantarou said with a smile. Shuuichi just shyly nodded as he then began to walk to the exit.

Kaede smiled when he left. "You know, he is kinda cute, almost like a girl. Don't you think?" Kaede asked Rantarou. "I would rather not answer that." Rantarou said casually. "But Amami-kun, he really is cute. I may not be a genius but he looks like your type since you one time said how you would like someone who is more modest, bashful, and you can look after. And he's all shy around you too, you know as if he likes you. You should definitely go for him!" Kaede ended her explanation with a cheer. "Okay now you're really starting to sound like Ouma." Rantarou scolded. "Aw c'mon! You know that Ouma-kun is much worse than I am when it comes to this." Kaede said with a laugh. "Wait a moment!" Kaede suddenly said, her face now focused. "What is it?" Rantarou asked. "Who's that girl..?" Kaede said as she focused her eyes on a girl that left with Shuuichi, most likely another saishuu student. The girl was noticeably tall with short hair, some of it covering her eye, her eyes a light green. She wore a headband and a grey uniform donned with a long skirt and red ribbon, her legs covered by black pantyhose. "I don't know who that is." Rantarou replied calmly. He looked at Kaede, whose eyes were enraptured by the girl. "She's so pretty.." she said softly. "You think every girl is pretty." Rantarou said with a light hearted laugh. Kaede's eyes were still following the girl until the bus doors closed. "N-no you don't understand! This girl really stood out to me! I mean she has this whole mature aura and she looks so sophisticated yet gentle! And don't mention her appearance, she's so tall and slim and she has a perfect bust size, not too big or too small. And she's overall so elegant and ugh so pretty..!" Kaede explained. "Whoa there Sappho, calm down." Rantarou teased and Kaede pouted. "Aww if only I spotted her sooner and at least got her name..!" Kaede said with regret, her words followed by a slightly irritated sigh. Kaede continued to pout and think in regret until Rantarou spoke to her.
"Oh look, our stop." Rantarou said to distract Kaede. He could see the school building of Hope's Peak from the windows of the bus and he could feel the vehicle about to slow down into a stop.

"Hey Amami-kun." Kaede said gently as they left the bus. "Yeah?" Rantarou asked. "Can you not tell Ouma-kun about earlier?" Kaede requested. "Alright, just as long as you don't act all weird about me and Saihara." Rantarou replied. "Sounds good enough!" Kaede accepted the terms with a cheer. They shook on it and entered the building. "So what do you plan to do about her?" Rantarou asked. "I'm not sure, just hope that I can see her again. Hey I have another request to make actually." Kaede said. "And that is?" "If you spot her, please tell me. Like even if I'm not there, just text me. Though I don't know if you should ask for her name, it'll be a little awkward." Kaede requested. "Why would it be awkward?" Rantarou asked. "Because it'll sound like you're into her! When you're probably into Saihara-kun and I'm into her!" Kaede explained. "Akamatsu, the deal." Rantarou sternly reminded. "Right.." Kaede murmured.

"WHADDUP MY HOMESLICES!" Both of them jumped at the sound of Kokichi's boisterous voice. Seriously, how does such a tiny person manage to fit such a big voice. "Oh hey Ouma-kun.." Kaede greeted. "Did anything interesting happened?" Kokichi asked. "Nothing really happened." Rantarou answered. "Amami-chan! That's a load of bull and you know it!" Kokichi countered. "What do you mean?" Kaede asked. "Guys I'm not stupid I overheard something about a 'deal.' And I want in!" Kokichi said with a childish pout. Kaede and Rantarou exchanged worried glances. "Oh yeah! You're right! Amami-kun had another lucky encounter with Saihara-kun! And Saihara-kun was all flustered around Amami-kun again. I think he may actually like him!" Kaede explained cheerfully. "Yeah and also Akamatsu formed a legit crush on a girl whose name she doesn't even know yet." Rantarou stated. "Amami-kun!" Kaede scolded. "You broke the deal!" Rantarou countered. "That's unfair! I had no choice!" Kaede responded back. Kokichi just grinned at the sight of fresh morning discourse.

"When's the baby coming? Oh yeah it's me!" Kokichi said jokingly. "Shut up Ouma-kun, you know only too well that I'm a lesbian!" Kaede countered. "She's literally Sappho reincarnated." Rantarou confirmed. "I know! I was lying duh doi!" Kokichi said with a pout. "Okay but seriously, I'm so happy for Akamatsu-chan~! She found her princess~!" Kokichi teased. "P-please.." Kaede said flustered. "Nishishi~ flustering my friends are fun!" Kokichi cheered. "You know Amami-kun, I'm so sorry for breaking the deal.." Kaede whispered. "You're just saying that because he did this to you." Rantarou whispered back with a skeptical smirk and Kaede pouted once again.

————————————————————————

"Saihara-kun, you look a little different from usual. Are you sick?" Kiibo asked with great concern. Shuuichi shook his head. "No, I'm fine.. I-I just.." Shuuichi couldn't finish his sentence. It was too embarrassing to say. It also didn't help that Kiibo's knowledge of human emotions is limited, meaning that he would question him and ask him to elaborate. Shuuichi just looked away. "I-I'm being silly, nevermind.." Shuuichi said with a sigh. "I do not mean to intrude but you really don't look well. Your face is even a rather unhealthy shade of red." Shuuichi's classmate, Kirumi Toujo said. She was always looking out for her fellow classmates, as if she was a doting maid. "N-no really..! I'm not sick! I-I'm just.. thinking too much, I'll be fine.." Shuuichi said softly, refusing to look at anyone. "I wish that you feel better. Let me know if you need my help." Kirumi simply stated and walked away. Shuuichi groaned and buried his face in his arms.

"Saihara-kun, could it be about that guy?" Kiibo asked and Shuuichi got out his arm and weakly slapped Kiibo on the arm. "I'm taking that as a yes." Kiibo stated. "Kiibo-kun, please stop.." Shuuichi groaned. "Alright then Saihara-kun!" Kiibo responded, trying to reassure his friend, giving him a small pat on his arm.

"Kiibo-kun, p-please don't question me but.. I-I think I.. I might like him.." Shuuichi murmured, giving Kiibo eye contact for a brief moment. "What was that?" Kiibo asked, considering that Shuuichi's voice was muffled by his arms. "Nevermind.." Shuuichi murmured again.