She kicked at the table leg beneath me. I lunged into the air, grabbing onto the chandelier as the table toppled to the floor. I swung on the chandelier and did a somersault in mid-air and landed on my feet on another table.

"Catch me if you can." I laughed as she raced towards me. I danced from table to table. She growled in frustration as I kept putting more distance between us.

"Stop running me and face me, you coward!" She shrieked, stomping her foot. I hopped down from the table and rolled my eyes. If that's what she wants.

We raced towards each other. I noted that she was preparing herself to leap in the air. I smiled to myself as she leaped up. I grabbed her ankle and swung her around a few times. I released her and she flew right into a wall. The crater was quite a bit bigger than mine, to be honest.

She lay there for a few minutes groaning from the collision. I rolled my eyes. It doesn't even hurt that much to be thrown into a wall. I've been thrown into many other things that are more painful, for example, a rose bush.

"Quit napping and face me like a real woman," I commanded. She groaned a little more as she rolled her shoulders after finally getting back on her feet. She was covered in dust and I had to stifle a giggle at how the grey was so not her color.

I noticed then how quickly she was growing weaker. My guess was that the vampire's blood in her was flushing out of her system. A light sweat had coated her body and I was barely out of breath.

She was weak without the vampire's blood, but vampire's blood was dangerous to play with. I read about it in the books before my first transition. If a werewolf drinks vampires blood, they will immediately become stronger, but when that blood is flushed out of the werewolf's system, it leaves them weaker than before.

Clearly, the hunters had no care for this girls life. I raced towards her. Lunging up, I prepared my final blow. Her eyes widened as I came rushing down with my fist poised. My fist collided with her nose. A sickening crunch filled my ears.

When I dared look back at her, her body lay lifeless. The force had caused her back to break, severing her spinal cord and the break of her nose cut off her oxygen. Either break would have killed her.

I looked back to the hunters who glared at me with hate for killing their secret weapon. I glared back for questioning my strength. They were the monsters here, not us. I stormed my way back to them. Sam held me back as I tried to lunge at my father.

"Amy. He isn't worth it. We'll get him locked away. They will all be locked away. I'll make sure they never get out. I won't let them hurt any of us ever again." Sam promised. But it didn't feel like it was quite enough for all the suffering they have caused to the werewolves.

"That's not enough," I told him. "They don't deserve to be locked away. They deserve to be dead!"

"Amy. Killing them will be too quick for them. If they are locked away, they will have to suffer alone with the knowledge of the things they have done. They will drive themselves insane." Sam explained further.

The idea of them being locked away was suddenly what I felt like justice. They will suffer alone with the memory of the murders they have done, the sins they have committed, the families they have destroyed. The people they have bent, broken and remodeled.

I was the one thing they couldn't bend, break or remodel. I was proud of myself for not being one of them. I prided myself on the things I could do for the pack and for werewolf kind.

"I'm proud of you," Mike said, kissing my hair. He slung an arm around my waist as Claire and Nick smiled at us knowingly.

Some of the pack members began to drag away the hunters while others went to cleaning up the mess that was made in the attack. Some of the werewolves limped away to others who helped them get to the pack doctor.

Just as Jonathon was pulled to his feet, he whimpered in pain. I glanced over to him; Mike rubbing at my arms in a way to keep me calm. "This isn't over between us. Not yet. I promise you, one day I'll get free and I'll make you love me. That's the way it should have been from the start. You weren't supposed to be one these things."

"What on earth are you talking about?" I asked. My brows knitted together as I looked at him in confusion.

"You weren't supposed to become a werewolf. That night, your mother wasn't supposed to turn you. You were going to be turned into a hunter, like one of us. Everything was planned out. Us, Amy, I swear to you. It's not just an infatuation."

"Then what in the hell is it? Huh? You start saying all these things about how I'm not supposed to be a damn fucking werewolf, but here I am. I can turn into a wolf, I am part of a damn pack. I have a Lycan for a mate. All of this happened because it was supposed to!"

"No. Amy. It wasn't. You were supposed to be a hunter. Your parents planned it out so you wouldn't have to be like this. They made a deal with the council. You were never meant to be a werewolf. Our parents even arranged for us to get married one day. Don't you see? None of this was meant to happen."

"You can't change fate, Jonathon. You're delusional," I growled. He must have head one too many blows to the head.

"No. Amy. Listen to me. They did! They did change fate. I promise you. Just go to the council, they'll tell you everything." Jonathon started getting dragged away, but he was putting up a struggle. "There was a werewolf witch who could communicate to the Moon Goddess and it was agreed about how your fate had changed! Something went wrong, Amy!"

His voice echoed around the room as he was pulled away. The doors slammed shut behind him. My mind swam with confusion over his words. Wasn't I supposed to be like this?

There is no way to change fate. Your life is set before you're even born, nobody and nothing can change that fact. So how could mine be changed? It's not possible... Is it?

Looking around, I watched as the fallen were removed. It was saddening to see dead bodies, I was just thankful that none of the bodies was a werewolf. I couldn't live with myself if they had died under my nose when I could have done better to protect them.

The werewolves have treated me like family, they protected me, helped me. They accepted me and didn't try to make me into something I was not. They are understanding, caring creatures.

It's just a shame that hunters misunderstand them. There are more hunters out there, hunters who kill for sport, for the hell of it and who just enjoy the thrill. The thought made my blood boil.

My kind, my people, were being hunted down daily because we were seen as a threat. When in reality it's the hunters who are a threat. Werewolves have always been peaceful creatures. We care for humans, we are their silent protectors.

Yet we are hunted like animals. It disgusts me how people can think that we would ever want to hurt a human. I understand that there can be a few werewolves who have a problem with humans, I understand that we sometimes snap and lose control but sometimes, we can't help it.

But that is still no excuse for the whole species to be hunted down. It's unfair that the werewolf race has to be extinct for a group of people to feel safe. Yet when a human kills someone of something, nothing and nobody hunts down the entire human race until it becomes extinct.

At that moment, I swore to become the protector of all werewolves and Lycans alike and to find out the truth about myself.

To be continued...