Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Back at the mansion, they combed through the data that they had been able to get. Remy mostly just focused on the building and security in order to get back in at a later date, while the others looked through the rest of the records. After a week, they met again in the war room.

"Remy," asked the professor. "How are you coming with the accessing the super computer?"

"It's possible," Remy replied. "But the timing must be perfect. I need more time."

Charles nodded. "Kitty, what have we discovered from the rest of the data."

Kitty was the resident computer expert, so she usually got the job of combing through computer records.

"The super computer is something called Master Mold, and it oversees the production of and programming for all the smaller units. Without looking at the program, I can't say how advanced it is, but from the way that they talk, it's pretty advanced AI."

"AI?" asked Pete.

"Artificial Intelligence. This computer is like the mother of all computers, literally since it's making the sentinels."

"Could we implant a virus?" Storm asked. "It could filter down into the sentinels being produced."

"Maybe, but I'd need to see the programming first and write a virus just for this computer. Plus, the units that have already been manufactured won't get the virus unless they need a program update."

"I'm more interested in where they're getting their financing," Remy said.

"I went over the accounting records, we got" Bobby said. "Obviously when Kelly died, they lost their funding from him, but they found a new backer recently, who provided 90% of their financing."

"Who?" Remy wanted to know.

"Don't know. Whoever this guy is, he's super secretive. All I have for him is numbered bank accounts in the Cayman Islands."

"What about emails? Don't they ever communicate with him?" Rogue asked.

"Sure, but they only use a codename. Even Kitty hasn't been able to trace his IP address."

"I think we need more information," Kitty said with a finality that wasn't like her. "We need to break in and get a copy of what's on that super computer."

"I'm inclined to agree," the professor said after a pause. "So far we have no information on them planning to unleash these sentinels, so I think it's safe to assume that we have a little time."

"I'll draw up my plans as soon as I can," Remy said.

"Good."

"Did you have any luck getting hold of Logan, professor?" Rogue asked.

"Unfortunately no," he frowned. "I have been trying every day but wherever Logan is, he seems to be shielded from me."

Rogue sighed. Logan's claws were pretty much the only thing that could damage the sentinels in the danger room, she'd hate to go up against the new and improved homicidal robots without him.

"I'll keep trying," the professor assured them. "Until then, this meeting is adjourned."

As everyone filed out, no one noticed the yellow flicker that came into Kitty's eyes, nor her small smirk.

"How are those plans coming along, sugar?" Rogue said, wrapping her arms around Remy's shoulders.

Remy sighed. "Not getting very far."