"Yes, you!" We all sang. She gulped.

"Not me." She said, shaking her head back and forth.

"Then who?" We sang in unison.

Tapping her chin with her index, she glanced around the room and I hid my face in Harry's chest. "Amy stole the cookies from the cookie jar!" She sang loudly. A blush heated up my cheeks as I peeked my head out.

"Who, me?" I asked, trying to hide the guilt from my tone.

"Yes, you!" They all sang.

"Not me!" I feigned shock.

"Then who?" They sang again.

"Merida and I stole the cookies from the cookie jar?" I offered. Merida squeaked and pulled me off the sofa. I tumbled to the floor and we rolled away laughing.

"Merida? Amy? Did you steal the cookies from my cookie jar?" The alpha asked. We looked up at him, amusement shining like crystals in his eyes.

"Who, us?" We sang.

"Yes, you!" Everyone responded.

"We stole the cookies from the cookie jar!" We sang. We jumped up from the floor and bolted for the stairs. The alpha chased after us and we shrieked in excitement when he almost caught us.

We reached my bedroom and we closed the door behind us and jumped on the bed, hiding under the covers. I listened for the Alpha's footsteps - he slowed down before he reached the door. As the door creaked open, he sneaked inside.

We held our breaths as we tried to listen for any sound to notify us of where he was. Next thing I know, a heavy weight was thrown over us in the shape of our alpha, we shrieked and giggled in response as he tickled us through the sheets.

We kicked the sheets away and the atmosphere became very serious. I lowered my eyes and focused on the drawstring of my shorts.

"Merida, Amy, you both know the rules. Nobody steals cookies from my secret stash." The alpha scolded.

"But it was before Amy knew the rules!" Argued Merida. I kept my head lowered. "She was hungry and I couldn't let her starve so I took a few cookies out of your cookie jar."

"That's no excuse, Merida, you know better. You're the luna of this pack and you should be setting an example for Amy. She's new to this pack." Sam scolded.

"We're sorry." We mumbled in unison. Sighing, he left the room after he gave us a hug and continued back to his Alpha duties. He forgave us and let us with a warning.

Merida said her goodbyes as she agreed to help out in the preschool. I admired the way she took time out to help out the different groups of the pack. It was amazing. She took great care when spending time with everybody, even the elderly and the sick. She is, by all definitions, a role model.

I crawled off my bed and decided to go talk to Harry. As I made my way downstairs, I realized everyone around me were talking in hushed voices, but as I walked past them, they stopped and gave me wary glances. I chose to ignore them.

Walking back into the living room, my eyes searched for Harry. But he was not there anymore, I sat on the arm of the sofa next to Will. I played with his hair on the back of his neck and he moaned his approval.

"Looking for Harry?" He asked. Looking down at him, I nodded my head. "He's already at training. You can run with me if you like?" I jumped up and pulled him out of his seat, tugging him along.

"Let's go then!" I said excitedly.

"Slow down, there's no rush." Will laughed. I rolled my eyes and tugged him along harder. We reached the patio and I smiled up at him. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded my head and we shifted, our clothes tearing away as we raced out to the field.

Catch me if you can! I cheered in his head and sped off. He chased after me and we ran around the field. I eventually grew tired, causing Will to catch up with me. He tackled me to the floor and pinned me into the grass.

He pulled away and we walked back to the house together, still in wolf form. We departed and I walked back to my room. Shifting back into my human form, I closed the door behind me. Rummaging through my wardrobe full of new clothes that Merida bought for me, I searched for something.

"Hey, little sis." Harry's voice came, I poked my head around the wardrobe door to see him walking in. He sat down on my bed, keeping his gaze away from me. I raised an eyebrow at his strange behavior.

There have been many times when Harry has seen me naked, but we never looked at each other in a sexual way because I was just his little sister, and he was my big brother. He moved his gaze over to me and I nodded for him to continue.

"Have you ever thought about what your mate is like?" He asked me. I raised my eyebrows in surprise. Going back to rummaging through my closet, I thought about his words.

"No. Not really." I replied honestly. "The whole mate concept is hard for me to wrap my head around. Are you worrying what your mate is like?"

"Kind of. I just hope that she will be nice, you know? But I also feel like I won't find her, you know what I mean?" He responded. I nodded my head in understanding.

"Brother, there is a high possibility that she could be in a different pack. If you asked the Alpha, I'm sure he would allow you to go with him to pack meetings in search of her." I offered. I pulled out an oversized black shirt and a pair of shorts.

"Is that my shirt?" He asked as I pulled it on. Looking down, I smiled cheekily at him. "Amy, I have been looking for that shirt for days now and you just took it?"

"In all fairness, you gave it to me." I defended.

"When?"

"After my first shift here. I had no clothes and no way to cover myself up, so you hid me away and brought me this shirt to wear." I informed him. He nodded as he remembered. I jumped up on the bed and curled up into his side as he combed his fingers through my hair. "I hope my mate is loving like you are, brother."

He hummed his response and hugged me to him. I yawned into his chest as I snuggled closer and decided to have a quick nap.

It appears Amy is doing well with her new family. But just how long will that last? Will she remain close to her new-found 'brothers'? Or will she push them away and run away again?

Another week has FLOWN by. I found a new drama to watch on Netflix. It's called A Love So Beautiful and it's actually set in China but OML it's soooo good. I highly recommend it if you're into that kind of stuff.

I finally went to the beach yesterday, but of course, I didn't catch a tan (I can't tan, I only burn). But there were so many cute dogs and puppies that I just wanted to steal them all. However, I broke tradition; I didn't get an ice cream. Shoot me, I know, but they only last like five seconds before melting and making you all sticky. Ain't nobody got time for that.

On the plus side, I got a HUGE slush-puppie instead and came in a bottle in the shape of a palm tree. Quite pointless really because the plastic of the straw has quite a... strong taste until you finally get some of that slush-puppie goodness out.

As per usual, if you're enjoying this story so far (and you haven't already done so [glares questingly]) then please don't forget to do the following:

Comment

Vote

Share

Subscribe

Thank you for reading, and I will see you next week for the next update of Compelled By The Moon. Cheerio!

XOXO