Prologue

Celes walks around the orphanage she is in now, desperately looking for some sort of 'miracle'. "So, what type of child did you want again?" Mukuro asked. "I want an interesting one...someone who would never bore me," Celes answered, gracefully walking behind Mukuro. "Well, then, why don't you meet them all?" Mukuro opens the door only to reveal a rather chaotic sight.

"God dammit, Ouma-kun!" A brown haired girl with low pigtails screeched. "Nishishi~ remember that thing you're stepping on? It has red ants~" the girl squeaks and jumps. "Or maybe it doesn't~ y'know, since I'm a liar," the purple haired boy shrugged. "Kokichi! Sorry, Celes, I'll get the other children now―" "No," Celes interrupted. "Huh?" Mukuro stares into Celes's red orbs with confusion. "He's the perfect one."

--------

"Celes-san!!" Naegi runs over to Celes and hugs her. "Don't. Kirigiri-chan might get jealous," Celes snickered, pushing away the smaller boy. "Hilarious." Kyoko rolls her eyes.

"Anyway, I heard Mukuro helped you adopt a child?" Kyoko asked. "Yes, he's quite the treat, if I do say so myself," Celes giggled. "What's his name?" Naegi asked, excitement sparkling in his eyes. "His name is Kokichi Ouma. He claims to be an evil leader who is one day going to rule the world," Celes pulls out a picture of a purple haired male.

 He claims to be an evil leader who is one day going to rule the world," Celes pulls out a picture of a purple haired male

"Aww! He's so cute!" Naegi exclaimed.

"We're planning on adopting a kid, too," Naegi said. "We're thinking that emo looking kid that likes solving mysteries...he's polite, too," Kyoko said. "Emo-looking? Wow, way to be judgemental," Celes snickered.

"The boy is quite shy, and rather timid. But he seems intelligent," Kyoko explained. "Mm, he's cute too!" Naegi added. "Naegi-kun, you think any child is cute," Kyoko scoffed. "Anyway, who's the guy you rented an apartment with again?" Naegi asked. "He's a Lucky Student, too," Celes said. "Komaeda Nagito, if I am correct."

--------

"I'm gonna rule the woooorld!" A nine year-old Kokichi Ouma exclaimed, running around the park like a maniac with a black cloak hanging behind his back. "Don't bump into another tree, little guy!" Nagito exclaimed. "We look like a couple," Celes said with a bored expression. "Oh come on, we're just housemates," Nagito shrugged. "Besides, I'm gay," he laughed a bit. "...you mean for Hinata?" Celes asked. Nagito blushes. "Uh-huh," Celes smiles, and returns her attention back to Kokichi.

"I'm gonna rule the wooorld!!" Kokichi yelled. "Stay back, degenerate!" A eighth year-old looking girl with weird pigtails said. "Seeeriously, I'm tiiiired," a small redhead behind the girl said. "If I had high mana, I'd definitely make this boy leave us alone," she whined. "Sooo meeaaannn!!" Kokichi started crying.

"Is he okay?" Nagito asked, looking at Celes with concern. "He's fine, he is a liar, after all," Celes answered, mimicking Kokichi's tone.

"B-But, wh-what if they d-don't like m-me..."

"You'll be fine, Shuichi-kun!"

"Seriously, if you want to become a detective when you grow up, you're gonna need to get used to crowds..."

"O-On second thought, I'd like to become s-something e-else..."

"You'll be fine!"

Celes looks at the three people talking. "Oh, hi Celes-san!!" Naegi runs over to Celes. "Is this Komaeda-san?" Naegi asks. "Hey," Nagito casually waves. "Is this the "emo-looking boy" you were talking about?" Celes smiled. Kyoko nods. "Is that Ouma-kun?" Naegi points at the purple haired boy. "Why, yes," Celes nodded. "See that, Shuichi? You can go on and play now!" Naegi tugged Shuichi's arm gently. "I-I don't wanna..." Shuichi looks away. Kyoko sighs. "Don't worry, I will take care of this," Celes clears her throat. "Kokichi!" She calls. "Coming, mom!!"

Kokichi scurries over. "Who are they?" He tilted his head. "They are my friends. And this is their child," Celes motions over to Shuichi, who quickly hides behind Kyoko. "Oh, cool!!" Kokichi runs to the blue haired boy. "Wanna play?!" He asked. "Um, I-I don't―" "That's great!" Kokichi pulls Shuichi's arm and practically drags him to the playground.

"Oh, come on! I thought I already kicked your degenerate butt!" The same eight year old girl with weird pigtails said. "Tenko-san...quiet....I'm trying to fall asleep on the sliiiideeee..." the redhead mumbled, yawning. "S-Sorry, Himiko!" She apologized quickly. "Nyeehhh...just keep it down..."

"U-Um..." Shuichi looks around nervously. "You brought another degenerate!?" The girl screeched. "Yes! And he's gonna help me rule the wooorld!" Kokichi yelled. "N-No I'm n-not―" "Yes, you are!!"

"How did you know that Kokichi would help?" Kyoko asked. "He's just being Kokichi, is all," Celes giggled.

--------

Hours have passed, and though it might not be obvious, but Shuichi actually had fun. "Come on, Himiko! Let's just go!" "But I'm tiiired...." the girl drags away the redhead. "Bye, meanie-skirt!!" Kokichi waves. Soon, the two also waved bye to each other.

"B-Bye, O-Ouma-kun's mom...b-bye, Ouma-kun's d-dad..." Shuichi timidly said. "Um, I'm not his―" "Mmm, now that I think about it, you two do seem like his parents," Kyoko ponders, with a subtle smirk. "Please, I wouldn't go with a Rank D even if my life depended on it," Celes scoffs. "Yes, I am too worthless to be anyone's mate," Nagito smiled. "But I would happily serve hope by all means necessary!" Naegi scratches his cheek. "O-Okay...well, bye Celes-san, Komaeda-san, Ouma-kun," Naegi waved. "Bye bye, my beloved Saihara-chan!" Kokichi waves crazily, and Shuichi blushes at the nickname.

--------

"Alright! I told you I'd make it to Hope's Peak, mom!" The fifteen year-old Kokichi exclaimed. (Just assuming his age lol whoops) "I never doubted you," Celes ruffles his hair. "Better get ready," Nagito said. "We were once students of Hope's Peak, too, you know," Celes smiled. "Oh, and remember Kirigiri-san's child, Saihara?" Celes asked. "Yep! What about him?" Kokichi asked. "He got into Hope's Peak, too."

After hearing those words, Kokichi smiles. "Oh, I am gonna have lotsa fun!"