Primates of Deceit

Martin Luther King Jr. Day, 1951

Meg Rhynsted was pulling a double. She was shuffling through some of Nick Jones' old writings, and found a letter addressed 'To whom it may concern'.
     All people want to do is fight. There's so much aggression in people these days, and I don't know where it's coming from or how it got there. The only way people know how to solve their problems is by getting into arguments, and solving things with violence. They can't sit down at a chess table, they can't reason, and they don't know how to rationalize in any way. They can't apply logic at all. I'm talking about mean people, covert narcissistic, sadistic mean-minded people of the modern era. The time we live in is highly contaminated from polluted morals and principles. It is very rare that you will see two minds clash and be able to solve their problems by smoking a peace pipe, thinking, and applying themselves.
    Defensive? Yes, there are a lot of people that get defensive. The main issue is they don't know how to talk out their problems. They are afraid and, whenever talk becomes too deep or serious, they are lost for words. They can't develop an argument into an agreeable idea. Instead, they run and are afraid to face the argument, to solve a problem, and come to an intellectual acceptance of the problem. Their flaw is in communication, in reasoning, and in bypassing the information as if it didn't exist. I'm talking to a lot of people that are between the ages of twenty and thirty-five. These people have developed themselves into savages, some already reaching the pinnacle of their intelligence at that age. The rest of the time they are feeding their brains to remain fit.
     I'm trying to convince you that their intelligence is parallel to stupid acts of indignity.
     One will be thrown out of a Seattle punk rock band concert because of this. Nothing in America makes sense anymore. America is full of rage-rockers with identity tattoos, fashion clowns, and companies that want to offer you a better deal on car insurance.
     America today just wants an alpha wolf, a fighter. People all want to be the alpha male predominating the situation. Everything revolves around societal changes and our human nature in modern times. We want the same things: financial independence, financial security, a family. But it's all one big covert narcissistic conspiracy theory.
     Meg set the letter back down on the desk where she found it and turned out the light.