puppy luv

"How's the job search?" Mel asked Nam as she took off her coat. Nam frowned and kept typing away on her laptop.

"I'm making some changes to my resume, I need to sound smarter and more accomplished." She mumbled. Mel laughed and looked over her shoulder.

"'Good with animals'?" That dog you looked after ran away for five full hours." Mel said.

"Listen, I need to list as many things as possible" Nam snapped, " my resume is short enough as it is."

"Just find a small job until you can find a more serious one." Sash suggested as she watched Netflix on the TV.

"Alright, let's see what's available" Nam opened a new tab and searched for a few minutes, sash and Mel helping her.

"Waitressing?" Sash pointed at the advertisement.

"You mean spending the day getting no tips?"

"Bartending?" Mel tried

"Drunk people and being hit on by perverts?"

"Uber?" Sash suggested

"Disgusting."

"Okay, what about dog walking?" Mel sighed, expecting Nam to shoot her down and for this to go on for a few more hours.

"Actually, that's not so bad." Nam lit up and clicked the advertisement, 'Dog walker needed for three-year-old black shar-pei'" she reads

"Ew it looks so ugly," sash said

"What does it matter, its close by!" Nam fills out the form to apply.

"And this guy really is paying well for this job. I am good with animals, right?" Nam asks and everyone falls silent, "Fuck you." She adds.

That night Nam gets an email from the dog owner telling her when he expects her to be there and any other details needed. When she goes to bed, she sets an alarm for the morning.

After going through the struggles of waking up in the morning, Nam knows that today could either go very well or very bad. When she arrived at the address, Nam raises up her fist to knock on the door three times.

"One second!"

The door opened and Nam almost gasped at the man standing in front of her. He was blessed with a sharp jawline and mysterious eyes that she wanted to discover. She couldn't help but let her eyes wander over his slender and tattooed body.

"Are you Namrah?" He asked. Crap, she stared at him for too long. Nam blinked twice and reset herself.

"Yes, I am." She smiles and shook his hand.

"I'm Zayn, the one you've been messaging," he steps aside and lets her in. Nam walks into the big and modern apartment and admired the spray-painted walls he had. Did he do these himself?

"I've been working nonstop on this project I'm supposed to have done soon, and I feel so bad for not having the time to take Boris outside," he explains. At the mention of his name, Boris runs to the pair.

"Well, that's why I'm here, right?" Nam reaches down and pets Boris, who gratefully accepts, "I'll just take him and let you get to work" Zayn lets out a sigh of relief and gives Nam a leash. She attached Boris collar to the leash easily and they both give each other a lingering smile before Nam leaves.

Nam lets herself jog around the park a few times before she rests on a bench. She shared some of her water with Boris, who was panting and smiling. She takes out her phone and tells Sash and Mel Boris's very attractive owner. They only responded with "fall on his dick and say it was an accident" and "steal the dog and force him to love you to get it back". They were completely useless, as always.

After a while, Boris tugged on the leash to signal to Nam he wanted to go run again Surprisingly, she didn't hate the way her day was going at all. It was good exercise and the music she was listening to pumped her up the whole time.

Arriving at the apartment again Nam knocked on the door and prepared to meet Zayn again.

"Hey, you're back!" He smiled sleepily when he opened the door. He looked different than how did earlier today. They've only been gone for four hours but Nam could tell that Zayn had been working that entire time.

"You okay?" She asked while taking the leash off of Boris.

"I'm fine, just under a lot of pressure," Zayn replies. Nam looks at his project and saw that he was less than halfway done, which was a lot more than what he had before.

"Maybe it's time for a break?" Nam gave him a worried look, "you deserve it."

"I have to finish this." he frowns

"you've been working on this since I left. you need to get out for a while," Nam assures zayn

"no, you have better things to do," he objects

"if you let me take you out of here for a few hours, then I promise that you'll feel much better and ready to finish this thing when you come back." she bargains with him.

"are you asking me on a date?" zayn questions

"what- I'm being a good person!" nam stammers.

"Relax, I'm only teasing" he winks and hooks Boris' leash back onto his collar. Nam shakes her head and they leave together. Zayn suggests that they use his car.

"where are we going then?" he asks her.

Nam tilts her head and suddenly spins towards zayn in her seat, "FroyoWorld!" she gasps.

"You're taking me to get frozen yogurt?" he leans back

"why not? its delicious and I know we could bring Boris with us" she shrugs. Zayn agrees and the gets the car on the road.

Soon enough, Nam, Zayn, and Boris are in line choosing their toppings. She promises that the frozen treat is just what he needed to unwind for a while. They find a booth near the windows so that they could look out and watch people go out and about their day.

"you have so many toppings," Zayn says

"so?" Nam leans down and pushes Boris' vanilla froyo closer to him. Boris lets out a loud bark, trying to tell her that he wants whatever she has. the unexpected sound causes zayn to jerk suddenly and flip his cup onto his shirt.

"shit!" he gasps. he looks angry for a good few seconds before he looks up at Nam and sees her face trying to not to burst out laughing.

"do you wanna help me?" he asks, using his hands to try to clean up the mess. At this point, Nam cant hold it anymore and lets out all of her laughter. Zayn tries to glare at her but he can't even bring himself to do that. her laughter is contagious and he joins her.

shes kind enough to pass him a few napkins to clean his shirt with and goes to bring him a new cup of frozen yogurt. she has to cover her face with her hand to keep from laughing again. when she returns, she's almost back to normal. a smirk still plastered on her face.

"can we get back to our impromptu date now?" Zayn asks.

"date?" she freezes.

"is this a date, or do I have to ask you out next time?" he jokes.